firefox crash/lag issue with malwarebytes 3.0.6

hello everyone

with latest version, i am issue with my firefox, it become random freeze/lag ...

not sure if it related to add-on or what, at first i thought the bug in lastest update causing it (51.0.1)

but then what i notice is from firefox crash report :

1 mbae.dll mbae.dll@0x236db
3 mbae.dll mbae.dll@0x23a43

i believe mbae.dll is malwarebytes files, how can i make malwarebytes less protective with firefox ?

i know i can turn off firefox in "protected application" but it seems not recommended, for testing i disabled it at the moment and see if this fix random freeze in my firefox

i tried disable "web protection" but as it seems more to ip/domain filtering rather than looking/hooking firefox, it not fix issue with my freezing/lag firefox

anyone else got similar issue ?

or someone can recommend me how to dealt with this issue

• Staff

Hello Slyphnier,

We have had a report of a similar issue. I want to have you collect me some logs so I can verify if it is due to this or not. 

1: Please download FRST from the link below and save it to your desktop:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

2: Double-click the purple FRST icon to run the program. Click Yes when the disclaimer appears.

3: Click the Scan button

4: When the scan has finished, it will make 2 log files in the same directory the tool is run, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please attach both files in your reply.