Can't activate web protection module

Before i was having the same issue, i fix it when i turn off the web filter of comodo's firewall and everything was fine until now.. when i start my pc the web protection of MBAM just can't start and the UI button is green and it says "starting, but actually nothing is really happening. And yes everything is allowed to start when i turn on my system, in the program self defence module is turned on also.

1. When i turn on my PC message pop-up and it says "Real time protection is turned off", then i go to the settings and i try to turn on the module, but without success.
  2. I can't give screenshot now because somehow web protection has turned on..
  3. Bug check code: 0x0000001a this is in the dump file last time the system has crashed.
  4. Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64Bit Build Version: 7601
  5. Every time when i start my machine
  6. Sometimes the issue is fixed by itself and sometimes the protection doesn't turn on.
  7. MBAMSERVICE.zip
Edited by Mr_n0b0dy

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2017 at 8:31 AM, Aura said:

Hi Mr_n0b0dy :)

Can you follow the instructions in the thread below and provide the information and log asked? It'll help the Malwarebytes team a lot.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-how-to-report-a-new-issue/

Thank you!

And then what?  Turn it on, then turn it off.  After that, what?  Should we turn it back on again?

Just keep toggling it back and forth, off, on, off, on.  For how long?

When will a fix be released?

Just keep toggling it back and forth, off, on, off, on.  For how long?

I don't know.

When will a fix be released?

I don't know either. I do not work for Malwarebytes. I'm just doing my best to assist users here that are currently experiencing issues. If you didn't start this thread, unless you have solutions/suggestions to offer, please do not post in it as it gets confusing.

@wrj54, try the suggestions in the thread below and see if it works for you.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/195576-real-time-protection-layer-turning-off-try-this/

If you still have issues with the Web Protection module, please start your own thread and provide the information and log asked in the thread below.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Aura said:

If you didn't start this thread, unless you have solutions/suggestions to offer, please do not post in it as it gets confusing.

Excuse me, but these issues are impacting me on a daily basis.  Posting by members who "didn't start the thread" is happening all over this forum.  Are you responding in this manner to all of them?  It is HELPFUL to users to come here and read EVERYONE'S input.  It enables us to see exactly how widespread these issues are, as opposed to solitary events happening to a small handful of users.  No one is blaming YOU, so no need to take it personal.  As a matter of fact, since you are only a volunteer, I am not even addressing you.  Staff members wrote the instructions that you linked and that I referenced.  That would be bdubrow and celee.

Excuse me, but these issues are impacting me on a daily basis.

In that case, please keep them in your own thread (I think you have one already unless I'm mistaken).

Posting by members who "didn't start the thread" is happening all over this forum.

And it makes it really, really hard to offer them proper assistance, as you post in a thread with instructions for one user, and end up with 4-5 users jumping in the thread seeking assistance for a similar (and even sometimes, a different) issue.

Are you responding in this manner to all of them? 

I wasn't until now, but I just noticed Ron's post below (which I think is a really good idea).

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/195682-too-many-306-issues-uninstall-and-i-am-done/?do=findComment&comment=1099626

It is HELPFUL to users to come here and read EVERYONE'S input.  It enables us to see exactly how widespread these issues are, as opposed to solitary events happening to a small handful of users.

Yes, they can do so by simply reading the other threads that have been posted. There's no need for them to post in every threads reporting an issue similar to theirs with "Me too! Me too!". It isn't helpful at all. It just creates spam in my opinion.

As a matter of fact, since you are only a volunteer, I am not even addressing you.  Staff members wrote the instructions that you linked and that I referenced.  That would be bdubrow and celee.

In that case, send them a PM, or create a thread addressing them directly. Posting in someone's else thread (who they might not even have seen) isn't a good way to seek their attention.

Now if you want to take it to PM or to your thread (if you need assistance), I'll be more than happy to continue that conversation :) 

Edit: This being said @Mr_n0b0dy, let us know how the suggestions in the thread I linked goes for you.

Edited by Aura

• 4 weeks later...