Firefox triggers exploit protection

Firefox triggers the exploit protection. Tried a fresh installation after removing all the remnants of the old installation and still can't get it to work. Threat's name is Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic any idea what might be causing it ? The same installation worked fine using mbae previously.

Sure thing.

Added the files - the issue happens every time I try to start firefox even on a fresh installation removing prior user data. Using windows 10 14393.479 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2016. Opera and Chrome don't cause any issues. Palemoon caused the same error first but after a fresh installation it stopped. Didn't have any issues with mbae.

Logs.rar

block.png

• Staff

Hello All,

I want to have you collect a few logs for me. First I want to have you collect two logs from these directories:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\mbae-default.txt

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\MBAMSERVICE.txt

The directory is hidden by default so you might have to click on "View -> Hidden items" in Explorer to see it.   There is also a post here from Microsoft on how to do this for the more recent OS: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Along with that we want to collect some more information from the computer to see what else is installed. We want to rule out any conflicts much like what Aura was asking for the Kaspersky conflict. To do this:

1: Please download FRST from the link below and save it to your desktop:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

2: Double-click the purple FRST icon to run the program. Click Yes when the disclaimer appears.

3: Click the Scan button

4: When the scan has finished, it will make 2 log files in the same directory the tool is run, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please attach both files in your reply.

Thank you,

39 minutes ago, coldone said:

I added the service logs. Is that fabar thingy save to use ? Looks a bit sketchy.

mbae-default.log

MBAMSERVICE.LOG

Should be fine, its a basic bare bones tool so it will look 'sketchy' but its perfectly fine.

This is quickly making me regret paying for a sub to malwarebytes...

Will provide FARBAR log once i return home  

I'm having the same issues (Windows 10). I've uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security 2016, disabled MS Security Essentials, reset Firefox, and uninstalled all browser plugins, like Citrix Webex. None of these changes have fixed the issue. For now, I've just gone into Advanced Settings for Anti-Exploit and disabled the Anti-HeapSpray Enforcement for Browsers.

• 2 months later...

Same problem here with Firefox. However, I'm not going to uninstall, reset, and do all that stuff. That's the same thing that M$ used to say: "reformat your hard drive"; then they graduated to "reinstall Windows."

I just disabled Anti-HeapSpray for browsers until they get their act together...

Edited by bobmac1547