FORMAT FACTORY

jamginger

When i try to download Format Factory, Malwarebytes pops up in the task bar with a warning. Is there something wrong with Format Factory concerning virus? My Malwarebytes is Premium version 2.2.2.1043. I did have a Format Factory version downloaded and when an update became available Malwarebytes popped up too. Could you advise please?

Hi, @jamginger:

Welcome back.

If I understand your post correctly, you are able to load the Format Factory web page OK (without being blocked by MBAM), but you cannot download or run the installer file?

Is this the site?

http://www.pcfreetime.com/

MBAM may be blocking the download because of bundled PUPs or even malware.
This sort of program is notorious for containing malware, so it would not surprise me if the detection is valid.

Could you please ATTACH to your next reply the MBAM PROTECTION log showing the block?
This article explains how to locate and export the PROTECTION log: How do I access and save logs from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
Please export and attach the file as a *.txt, not as an *.xml file.

We will ask the Research Team to evaluate the information to determine if the detection might be a false positive.
Until then, it's probably safest to trust MBAM and to treat the detection as a valid PUP or malware detection and do not install the program.

Thanks,

7 hours ago, daledoc1 said:

Hi, @jamginger:

Welcome back.

If I understand your post correctly, you are able to load the Format Factory web page OK (without being blocked by MBAM), but you cannot download or run the installer file?

Is this the site?

http://www.pcfreetime.com/

MBAM may be blocking the download because of bundled PUPs or even malware.
This sort of program is notorious for containing malware, so it would not surprise me if the detection is valid.

Could you please ATTACH to your next reply the MBAM PROTECTION log showing the block?
This article explains how to locate and export the PROTECTION log: How do I access and save logs from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
Please export and attach the file as a *.txt, not as an *.xml file.

We will ask the Research Team to evaluate the information to determine if the detection might be a false positive.
Until then, it's probably safest to trust MBAM and to treat the detection as a valid PUP or malware detection and do not install the program.

Thanks,

I have downloaded and installed Format Factory from pcfreetime and able to use it. When installing, the popup from Malwarebytes says "malicious website blocked", but i can still use it. I don`t understand " I don't know if your VT submission was for the URL or for the program, as you did not supply the VT link."

Mal.txt