MBAE Exploit Test Not Working

flydonna

I just did the MBAE test and the "normal" button does have the calculator pop up.  The "exploit" button does nothing.  I am running the Free version but was under the impression that this should still work.  What can I do about this to make sure I'm really being protected.  I LOVE Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and have had a lifetime license for years!!  Wish something like that was offered for the paid version.  Will the free version really work???

• Staff

Hello Flydonna,

The anti-exploit test tool will work if you are using the free version of the program. So if the protection is not stopping that test tool, it may be best to do a clean re-install. Remove the program from programs and features and use our clean tool found here:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/177164-how-to-remove-mbae-leftovers-after-uninstall/

Once you do that, try to install the latest version from this link:

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae

Then, test it again. Let me know if it still does not work for you after that and we can look into it further. 

My laptop is set up so that I am always the administrator.  I also went to the RUN/CMD and tried to activate the administrator (which worked) but was not able to run the clean_mbae batch file.  There is not optionto right click on clean_mbae to "run as administrator".  See attachments.

Capture.PNG

Screenshot (1).png

EDIT:

It looks as if you are trying to run the mbae-clean batch file from an elevated command prompt.

I do not think that will not work.

Download the zipped batch file from the link in this post and save it to your desktop.
Unzip (decompress) the batch file to your desktop.
RIGHT-click on the batch file.
Select (left mouse click) "Run As Administrator" from the context menu.

(No elevated command prompt is needed.)

If that does not resolve your issue with the mbae-clean batch file, please wait for further assistance.

Thanks,

2016-08-11_9-20-35.png

Edited by daledoc1
my error

I sent you a screen shot of what I got when I right clicked on clean_mbae batch file.  Left clicking on it gives me the message that I need to run it as administrator.  The only options I have available on the right click are shown on the screen shot posted previously.

25 minutes ago, flydonna said:

I sent you a screen shot of what I got when I right clicked on clean_mbae batch file.  Left clicking on it gives me the message that I need to run it as administrator.  The only options I have available on the right click are shown on the screen shot posted previously.

Thanks for the update.

From your most recent post and your screen shot, it appears that you are trying to run the file from within "File Explorer".

In order to "RUN as ADMINISTRATOR", perhaps first directly navigate to whatever location or folder you unzipped the folder.

EDIT: On my system the unzipped batch file is 3.59 KB. It shows as only 1 KB on your screenshot, so I am not sure it was fully decompressed/unzipped.

(For me, it was the DESKTOP.)

THEN, when you right-click on the batch file, the context menu should offer the "Run as Administrator" option.

At least it works for me when I do that.

I'm sorry if I did not explain it well enough.
And I apologize if my instructions do not work for you.
I was only trying to help.

@Rsullinger will assist you.

Cheers.

Edited by daledoc1
clarify