Get definition from a clean PC for updating an offline computer

Hello, I'm trying to update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware definitions of an offline PC by coping them from my main PC. I did RTFM but it is still very unclear to me if said procedure (database.conf + rules.ref ) is still valid today or not.

p.s.: yes, I know about the official-provided offline definitions package, but it's 1) big 2) slightly outdated so I'd prefer to pick defs from my own PC.

Thanks!

Hello and :welcome:, @Zane

No, the previous procedure for offline updating in version 1.x was insecure and was not carried over to version 2.x.

There is a new mbam-rules link HERE

The link will download 1 zip file, where the name of the file is mbam-rules-YYYY-MM-DD.zip

Something to note:
There are 2 files in the zip folder:

•  Mbam-rules.exe
  •  Mbam2-rules.exe

They are specific to the version, so mbam-rules is for any MBAM 1.x installation, whereas mbam2-rules is for any MBAM 2.x installation.

Please post back and let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thank you,

P.S. This is a family-friendly forum, so we ask that members refrain from using profanity. Thanks for your understanding.;)

Edited by daledoc1

• 3 weeks later...