"Databases Out of Date" Pop-up Window

"Databases Out of Date" Pop-up Window is on my screen with an "Update Now" button for me to press. Is this legitimate (i.e., from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) or is it a virus attempting to compromise my computer? Thanks. I've had Malwarebytes for several years and never had a pop-up like this before. Also, if I try to get rid of it, it just stays on top of every window I open.

OK.

But now we need to find out why you are seeing that message.;)

First, open the dashboard and click the blue "update" link or the "fix now" button.

If that does not resolve your issue, please proceed as follows:

1.       Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

2.       If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs(the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

3.       NOTE: More info about v2.2.1 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Uh oh! I hit the "Update Now" button in the "toaster popup". I just went to my Dashboard and seem to have the latest database version and there is no "fix now" button. Also, the "toaster popup" is gone. Do you think I need to do anything else? Thanks again.

Hi:

I am a bit confused by your post.:unsure:

Are you saying that the issue is resolved**?

If so, then there's nothing else to do.

If it's not, then please proceed with my suggestions.

Thanks,

**MBAM settings -- by default -- are configured to notify the user when the databases are a number of days out of date. The default may be 3 days or 5 days, but I don't recall.  In any event, if your computer was turned off for several days, then it would be normal for MBAM to notify of the outdated databases. And it would likewise be normal for MBAM to fix the problem on its own when it next checks for updates, or you would fix it with a "manual" update check.

For me the issue was not knowing if the popup was genuine (from MBAM). What made me suspicious of the popup was that clicking on the "x" (delete) in the upper right corner of the popup didn't delete it. After you showed me how to determine it was genuine, I pressed the "update now" button in the popup and it went away. So I think the issue is resolved.