User input before Quarantine

kstev99

While I do realize the importance of stopping ransomware immediately, it would be nice, especially during this beta testing, if rather than just quarantining a program, a dialogue box would alert you that this program is about to be quarantined and give user an option to add/report as a False Positive and skip quarantine. Perhaps this could be timed where if there is no response from the user within xxx min/sec the quarantine continues.  There seems to currently be a lot of FP's.  I'm sure that will improve with time, however I have chosen to uninstall the beta, as I could not imaging the horror of having to re-install a program like Microsoft Office and its 2 years of security updates

I intended to post this in the "Ideas for Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta" Forum

Hello kstev99:

The MBARW Beta development team is sure to see your post.

Posting with your own topic is always the most desired as is urged by Malwarebytes' staffers.

Thank you always for your participation.

7 hours ago, kstev99 said:

While I do realize the importance of stopping ransomware immediately, it would be nice, especially during this beta testing, if rather than just quarantining a program, a dialogue box would alert you that this program is about to be quarantined and give user an option to add/report as a False Positive and skip quarantine. Perhaps this could be timed where if there is no response from the user within xxx min/sec the quarantine continues.  There seems to currently be a lot of FP's.  I'm sure that will improve with time, however I have chosen to uninstall the beta, as I could not imaging the horror of having to re-install a program like Microsoft Office and its 2 years of security updates

I intended to post this in the "Ideas for Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta" Forum

That is one heck of a good idea, beings as this Beta is throwing so many false positives.  It should at least be an option in "Settings" of some sort.  I can understand, with the devastating effect of Ransomware, why someone might not want to delay blocking it -- but for the purposes of this Beta it is essential.  MBAR is just blocking AND quarantining too many legitimate programs.  Clearing a false positive requires a reboot and at least on my system that's a serious issue.  I know we're testing a beta and should not be using it on a "live" system in a production environment, but without real-world use the Beta will never get enough testing to move on to a stable release.  If MBAM/MBAR wants a good Beta test they need to allow us to clear false positives BEFORE a reboot and before a quarantine action occurs.