False positive: Raptr uninstaller

bullseye

So i  got a BSOD in W10@64, and one of the possible culprits was Raptr so i tried to uninstall it. Then things got weird. :) Luckily the process was at the end (the questionaire webpage was called) by the time the alert and block happened so i hope everything was uninstalled properly, even if it was a bit problematic to restart the system because of the hanged process.

1. Finish the detection process and reboot if asked by Anti-Ransomware. Done
  2. After reboot disable the Anti-Ransomware protection. It started disabled anyway (tends to do it like 1 in 8-10 boot up)
  3. Restore the file from Quarantine and add it to the exclusions. It got deleted on restart (and maybe by my fault too)
  4. Find the restored EXE file that was quarantined, right-click on it and click "Send To >> Compressed (Zipped) Folder". Attach this ZIP file also to your report. Can't
  5. Create a ZIP of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\ and attach it to your post. Attahed
  6. Create another ZIP of the directoy C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\ and attach it to your post. Attahed

logs.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

Hello bullseye:

Although I wasn't able to find any useful data regarding Raptr in the attached archives, it doesn't mean that a Malwarebytes staffer won't weigh-in. Please keep on the lookout for any MBARW Beta events that you believe might be interesting to capture.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and you feedback.