download page hasn't been accessible for over a week, and database will not update

why won't your download page load malwarebytes? it seems like the whole network has been down. the program has been saying "no updates available" for the past week or two. naturally i tried to uninstall and re-download the program but when i go to your download page, it says "webpage not available" with a reload button. i don't think my computer is to blame considering a whole section of your website has been inaccessible for days now. why am I having this problem? is it doing this for anyone else?

my database version is stuck at v2015.09.22.05 with no updates available

Hello and :welcome: :

Disclaimer: I am just a home user, and I do not work for Malwarebytes.

Yes, there have been some intermittent issues with the forum lately. And the Malwarebytes folks have been making some changes and upgrades to the various company and product web pages.  I have not personally experienced any problems with either the Malwarebytes main page or the download links for MBAM.  And my MBAM is updating automatically just fine.

>>>But that doesn't mean it's working perfectly for you in your locale (as there are many servers in many places).

The Malwarebytes staff may need some additional details from you, via PM if need be, to try to determine what's happening in your neck of the woods.

But, to try to sort out your updating issue, let's start here.

First, are you running MBAM Consumer 2.2.0.1024?
If not, and you are looking for a fresh copy of the installer, it may be downloaded here or here.
(Both links work for me, just now.)

And instructions for a clean upgrade/install are here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

As far as updating the databases....
First: please reboot the computer and  please check to be sure that your computer's date and time are correct.
If that doesn't explain or resolve your issue, we could use a bit more information in order to better assist you.
Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

thanks for the speedy reply. as much as i'd like to download the tools necessary to create logs i can't at the moment as the part of the website is unreachable to me. the other link was blocked by my firewall for security closure lol. i'm satisfied with your reply, it's good to know that there is in fact stuff going on and worka being done by the staff. i love the program, been using for as long as i can remember. i trust that the problem will be resolved soon. no worries :) i have backup

Hi:

We'll need to wait for a staff member to sort this out.

AFAIK, you are the only person reporting the specific access issues (especially for over a week), and AFAIK there is nothing wonky with the cdn or network.  But it's hard to say for sure at this time.

If you are talking about your AV flagging FRST as malicious, that is a False Positive (and I might guess it was Norton that flagged it).

FRST is a perfectly safe tool, used 100s of times a day here and at other computer help fora, such as bleepingcomputer.

The developer/author is an MBAM forum expert, farbar.

We would not ask you to run a malicious program on your computer.

You just need to temporarily disable your AV to d/l and run the tool; you can re-enable your AV after that.

Alas, without more information (e.g. the diagnostic logs) and without other reports of similar issues, it may be tough to resolve your issue.

Perhaps you will tell us: where are you located???

(That way, if other reports come in, we can see if there is a pattern that might point back to a part of the CDN.)

Thank you,

i am located in the usa, great lakes region, eastern time zone. i could not reach the address to download the diagnostic log. i couldn't download mbam-check-2.3.2.0.exe as the address is currently unreachable

I'm in the southeast USA.  I just tried to download MBAM and ran into the same problem.  Either the site is down or is not available for my DNS.  The same thing happened to me last week on February 24th.  The database updates for MBAM have been intermittent in different parts of the country. 

For getting updates use a VPN or Google Public DNS:  https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

I ran into the exact same problem last week and found using a VPN out of Washington D.C. or New York, N.Y. worked just fine for updating the database.

It would appear that MBAM servers are undergoing some changes.

I'm in the southeast USA.  I just tried to download MBAM and ran into the same problem.  Either the site is down or is not available for my DNS.  The same thing happened to me last week on February 24th.  The database updates for MBAM have been intermittent in different parts of the country. 

For getting updates use a VPN or Google Public DNS:  https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

I ran into the exact same problem last week and found using a VPN out of Washington D.C. or New York, N.Y. worked just fine for updating the database.

It would appear that MBAM servers are undergoing some changes.

i was able to download mbam-check-2.3.2.0.exe using Microsoft edge. currently stuck at 20%; i'll have the final .txt file up shortly hopefully lol

i don't know much about vpn's and i should mention that i tried to set up a vpn using comodo firewall around the time when i first noticed i couldn't update my databases. maybe i messed something up there. it's probably all my fault, haha. sorry if i'm wasting anyone's time xD

Hi:

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad you resolved your issue.

If you are pleased with MBAM, you might wish to upgrade to MBAM Premium -- it provides active, real-time protection alongside your AV, to help prevent infection.

(MBAM Free is only a manual, on-demand scanner to help remove infection that made it past your AV onto the system.)

Cheers,