Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile Won't Update on Kindle Fire

• Staff

Hi JGamez,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you tell me the model of you Kindle device, and what version of Android it is running?

Also can you check to make sure that Auto updates are enabled? As well as auto update over Wi-Fi?

Here's how you find these settings:

1. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware App

2. Tap on the icon that looks like 3 horizontal bars at the top right of the app

3. Tap the "Settings" button

4. Tap the "Other" button

5. Scroll down to the Database updates section

6. Make sure the boxes are check next to "Auto updates enabled" and "Auto update over Wi-Fi"

Let me know if this helps!

Hi JGamez,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you tell me the model of you Kindle device, and what version of Android it is running?

Also can you check to make sure that Auto updates are enabled? As well as auto update over Wi-Fi?

Here's how you find these settings:

1. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware App

2. Tap on the icon that looks like 3 horizontal bars at the top right of the app

3. Tap the "Settings" button

4. Tap the "Other" button

5. Scroll down to the Database updates section

6. Make sure the boxes are check next to "Auto updates enabled" and "Auto update over Wi-Fi"

Let me know if this helps!

Yes auto updates and auto updates over wifi are enabled I have set it to check for updates every 1 hour.

I don't think my Kindle is android but Amazon version 10.5.1_user_5174820. As for model number how would I find that?

Hi JGamez,

Sorry, I just need the Model. Not the Model number. I apologize for that confusion.

Kindles do use Android. Once you let me know the model of your Kindle I'll be able to better assist you in getting the version it is running.

Thanks!

Ok my serial number is D026 A0A0 2353 00EM

Hi JGamez,

I do not need your serial number.

I need the model of the Kindle. Is it a Kindle Fire? Kindle Fire HD? That sort of thing. Sorry if I've made that unclear.

Oh okay its a regular Kindle I got it in 2012.

Ok sorry if I don't get to you again tonight. One more thing that has been weird are my app activities. Few of them Run, Temple Run 1 and 2, Subway Surfers and Crossy Road seem to just boot themselves on randomly and use up resources and battery life. I don't know how long its been happening due to only seeing app activity through MBAM Mobile. I tend to scan everyday and there is no malware on my device. Anything you might know?

• Staff

Hi JGamez,

I have let our QA team know about this and they will be doing some testing.

We have a new version coming out soon that will be fixing some bugs and what not. I will let you know when that is released by posting here.

Hopefully that will solve this problem. If not we'll have to do more testing.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi JGamez,

Our latest version has been released. It's supposed to fix some bugs with the app. Can you install it and see if it fixes this issue?

Thanks!

The issue doesn't seem to be fixed only updates database once a week even though set to hourly.