Will MBAM eventually become a univeral app?

MBAM in its traditional desktop app version is being prepped for W10, but I couldn't help but wonder; are there any plans to ever make MBAM a universal Windows app? Or would it be more likely that every Windows platform would get its own separate version developed instead, given when a platform (i.e. Windows Phone) has grown sufficiently?

Why make a Windows phone version when the market uses (1) Android and (2) iPhone.  Windows phone is still below the noise level.  Not to mention phones are generally disposable devices.  Not to mention that its hard to make a penny on something that's disposable.

Well with the whole universal app thing MS is pursuing, a dev won't have to make a specific app on a per platform basis, but just write 1 app for everything that runs Windows. 

As for the disposable part, I'm baffled. The phone is physically disposable, but you know that your apps stay with you as they're tied to your account of the platform's store. Malwarebytes makes MBAM Mobile for Android. So again, I don't understand your conclusion.

But the main question is; does Malwarebytes have got any plans to convert MBAM into a universal app? Or are there technical limitations to that?

I haven't studied the universal app aspect that you're referring to, so I could be off base.  Malwarebytes is deeply tied to specific operating systems and to the way those OS's operate.  In my mind, a universal app would not interact with the OS, but with a higher-level application platform.  If you could do everything that is necessary to protect a computer's OS and the hardware level below the OS without actually having access to the guts of the OS itself, it would be possible.  At the same time, it requires a high degree of trust from the user that the program could actually deliver on its promise.

As far as a device's disposable nature, people switch phones every time a new bell or whistle is available.  They swap apps the same way.  Users are fickle, and their attention blows in the breeze.  You find a few things you like and you stick with them.  Everything else is disposable.  An anti-malware or anti-virus company needs to protect the apps and they need to protect the device too.  Google does takedowns often on apps that are not always what they seem, but that doesn't stop people from downloading them.  The downloaded program does some nasties to the phone, and the user loses faith in the phone.  Then they go out and get a new phone.There are so many unique versions of Android operating systems based on each phone vendor and each device that each vendor offers that it is not an easy proposition to be in that market.  Not to mention the fact that people can buy apps for $1-2 each.  You don't make money easily that way.

I probably should've waited with posing the question before W10 was actually out of beta. I can see as you're saying that it'll be difficult to make something work universal considering how close protection software indeed works with its host.

Regarding the mobile stuff, if it helps, I've got MBAM Mobile installed for a year now. And all this time I thought Malwarebytes was laughing all the way to the bank, getting rich by datamining me. :) No but I can see what you mean.