Adware.Keenval

Hi there. Norton just flagged and removed a .tmp file in my Malwarebytes folder as Adware.Keenval - reading the forums this is seems to be a false positive on Norton's end, but does the removal of this temporary file impact Malwarebyte's ability to function?

Hello Shine:

The removal of MBAM tmp files by a Norton application has been seen often. Please post a log, from the Norton application, in your next reply that accurately documents the location and filename. Also please attach the 3 request files from below:

• Please read the topic Diagnostic Logs and then individually ATTACH the 3 requested logs in your next reply to this thread only.
  • The 3 files, from Step 1, to be individually ATTACHED from your desktop are: CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Zip or Copy and Paste them into a reply. Please do not alter, any FRST categories as they are pre-configured for this forum.

Thank you.

Hrm. Sorry for the delay, apparently in my absence yesterday my sister's boyfriend took it upon himself to 'fix' the 'problem' . . . by reformatting the system. If nothing else I suppose he was kind enough to grab a trial of the ESET AV instead of using my readily available NIS install CD.

Sorry about wasting your time, you can go ahead and close this I guess.