unable to block cookies useing firefox

mbyuser

been ages scince i had a comp

comming back online after buying a laptop i downloaded firefox.

as far as i can figure they removed the allow/block option when visting sites,now all sites cookies are excpeted by default.

i know you can block 3rd party cookies (witch i have ticked) and also you can block sites manually however thats very labrious when visting a lot off sites,and private browsing inst usefull when doing the same as some sites require you allow them.

am i missing somthing or have they totally removed that feture?

if they have very suprised as even I.E has that function.

if so is there a add on that takes its place. (not a cookie blaster type thing i have firefox set to remove them when it closes)

i mean block option type add on witch intrages into firefox so you dont have to maually block sites.

Hi:

If you block all cookies, you may have trouble on certain websites.

However, the attached screen shot (from Firefox 37.0.1) shows where to find the settings you ask about.

It may be a better idea to configure Firefox to "never remember history", or to block only third party cookies.

Also, you might find these resources helpful
Cookies

Cookies

Thank you,

post-29793-0-14924200-1428118815_thumb.p

mabye i made my post confusing.

this is how i have firefox set up myself.

say i am browsing looking for somthing,every site i vist logs a cookie,not all sites need a cookie to vist nor do i wish to have every site i vist drop a cookie on me.

i understand what you mean by blocking all cookies would cause problems.

guess by looking theres no way around it.

oh well thanks anyways,feedback is allways appicated.

all the best.

m/

edited due to typos.

• 1 month later...

just a update,found out what the error was.

i never had the promt option and frefox was excpting all cookies,the ask me every time was grayed out.

my laptop was tottaly curropted and i kept tryng freash installs ect ect however i was booting from a curropted imige,finnaly got the firm i got it from to take it back to repair a seconed time and firefox is working as expected.

cheers