Trial vs Premium Mistake?

Hi:

I am not normally permitted to reply in this area of the forum.

However, as this post will likely be moved to a more suitable area >>here<<, I will take the liberty of replying. :)

It appears from your other, open, working thread >>HERE<< that you might have recently reinstalled MBAM?

If so, a 14-day Trial version is enabled by default during installation.

At the end of the 14-day Trial, the program reverts back to the Free version UNLESS the user ****activates*** the program with the license ID/key.

Activating the program with the license ID and key will "turn on" the Premium features.

To do that, please take a look at this KB topic and video: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

The license ID/key were sent to you by email when you first purchased MBAM Pro/Premium.

If you do not have that email and if you purchased directly from the Malwarebytes online store, you can contact the e-commerce partner, cleverbridge.

They will look up and send you the license ID and key.

More info here: How do I obtain my license key or confirmation email?

Once you have activated the program, you will be back to the Premium version, with all of the added features.

Then, please continue with "Twin" in your other, open, working topic >>HERE<<.

Please stay with that topic until your helper gives you the "all clear".

I hope this helps,

Hi:

I do have the e-mail and key.  It seems likely that I used the key and ID to activate product.  Presumably I used the download before 11/25/2015. :-)

I will use your first "HERE" now.

The confirmation email will contain both a license ID and a Key.

The license ID contains numbers/letters in this format: XXXXX-XXXXX

The license Key contains numbers/letters in this format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

You'll need both the ID and the Key to activate the program to the Premium version -- see Picture 1 attached.

>>Be sure you don't switch any letters/numbers that look similar (e.g. "1" and "I", or "O" and "0"), and don't include any extra spaces.

There is a helpful tutorial and a video here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Once you have successfully activated the program, when you open the main dashboard, you will see the word "Premium" in the ribbon at the very top.

I have attached a picture below to illustrate this (Picture 2).

(The rest of the main dashboard should also look similar, though the next scheduled scan date/time will be different on your computer.)

Once you have activated the program, you will be back to the Premium,paid version, with all of the added features.

>>>Then, please continue with "Twin" in your other, open, working topic >>HERE<<.

Please stay with that topic until your helper gives you the "all clear".

Thank you,

post-29793-0-30726900-1419441972_thumb.p

post-29793-0-00080000-1419441981_thumb.p

Well, things went awry. Per the e-mail, I downloaded the program, but never got an opportunity to put in an ID or key.

You need to INSTALL the program before you can activate it. :)

Let's try again -- I assume that MBAM is NOT already installed on the computer (as I cannot tell from your posts whether it is or is not installed):

1. Download MBAM from >>THIS LNK<< or >>THIS OTHER LINK<< and save it to your computer's desktop

2. Install the program, using the instructions here: How do I install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

3. Activate to the Premium version, using the instructions here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? and the instructions in my previous reply.

EDIT: If MBAM is already installed on the computer as the Free version or expired Trial version (which has gone back to the Free version), then you just need to ACTIVATE it, using the instructions in step #3 above. :)

Thanks,

Things went awry. I downloaded program as shown in my e-mail, and executed it. I never got a chance to put in an ID or key. The program showed Trial version.

When you activate the program it releases the full paid-for version and capabilities. 

You have to CHOOSE to activate the application. 

Please spend time and orient yourself with the Free version and its many options and choices so you can FIND and ACTIVATE the full capabilities that are within.

There is no individual named "spam hunter".  "Spam Hunters" is a forum based group to which the honoured member daledoc1 is a part of.

Your conversation is with daledoc1.

I am "David H. Lipman" and I am in the forum group "Experts".

daledoc1 and I simply want you to orient yourself with the Free version and its many options and choices so you can FIND and ACTIVATE the full capabilities that are within by choosing "Activate" and subsequently providing the Key-Code that you purchased.

It only indicates that the program is installed.

Please orient yourself with MBAM and its many options and choices so you can FIND and ACTIVATE the full capabilities that are within by choosing "Activate" and subsequently providing the Key-Code that you purchased.

That will "un-lock" the Professional/Premium version and the product's full capabilities.

Hi:

I'm activated, and Scan is in progress. .I see my license is Premium.

Excellent!

FIND?

Please post back here to tell us when the scan is finished.

We will move on to the next step to explain how to provide "Twin", your malware helper, with the SCAN LOG in your other topic >>HERE<<.

That way, he will be able to help you with removing the PUPs and any other malware items.

Thanks,

Excellent!

But we're not quite done yet.

Now we have to explain how to provide your malware helper with the scan log.

(Hopefully, the MBAM scan settings were correct for what is needed. The log will tell us.)

Please follow these steps:

How to get scan logs:
(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

1. Open the MBAM dashboard, either by double-clicking on the desktop shortcut (picture 1; click "Yes" when prompted), or by double-clicking on the blue MBAM icon in the system tray (picture 2).
  2. Click on the HISTORY tab,  then click on APPLICATION LOGS.
  3. Double-click on the SCAN LOG which shows the date and time of the scan just performed (or the one you are asked to post).
  4. Click EXPORT.
  5. Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  6. In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  7. In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your scan log, for example: MBAM Scan 12242014
  8. A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  9. Click OK.
  10. Please attach the saved scan log to your next reply to your malware helper in your other topic >>RIGHT HERE<<.

Thanks,

post-29793-0-80206000-1419452376_thumb.p

post-29793-0-45599200-1419452383_thumb.p