How to upgrade Console-managed MBAM clients to a newer version

Hello HA.

At this time the latest version of MBAM for business versions is 1.75.0.1300.  The client cannot be updated beyond that as the 2.0+ versions do not yet have the business features implemented.

Please let me know if this answers your question, or if you have any other questions.

Our business release history can be found here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/support/releasehistory/business/

Generally, a new client version is introduced when a new Management Console version is released.  In the case of Anti-Exploit, those releases are happening very quickly and we have the method you linked as a workaround to get the newest version out to your clients faster.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our business release history can be found here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/support/releasehistory/business/

Generally, a new client version is introduced when a new Management Console version is released.  In the case of Anti-Exploit, those releases are happening very quickly and we have the method you linked as a workaround to get the newest version out to your clients faster.

What you fail to mention is that Development is aware of several customer for which updating MBAE via the method in that link does *not* work properly.

Ask me how I know ? - Because MBAE installer hangs if I push any 1.5 build version from the 1.4.1 managment console and there's no fix for past 2 months on going now.

I'm somewhat surprised that that workaround thread has been allowed to stand without a follow up indicating that it will not necessarily work as described or pulled all together until the issue is resolved.

CxL

• Staff

I would also really appreciate knowing when there will be a new version of the enterprise console. 2 years is a really long time to wait for a product we actually pay for when the free version has been updated several times.

We do have an update to the management console from MEE(1.3) to 1.4.1. You should have received an e-mail with your new ID and Key and upgrade instructions on 11/11 of last year.

What you fail to mention is that Development is aware of several customer for which updating MBAE via the method in that link does *not* work properly.

Ask me how I know ? - Because MBAE installer hangs if I push any 1.5 build version from the 1.4.1 managment console and there's no fix for past 2 months on going now.

I'm somewhat surprised that that workaround thread has been allowed to stand without a follow up indicating that it will not necessarily work as described or pulled all together until the issue is resolved.

CxL

While it is true that some customers are having issues with the install after swapping the packages, not everyone is having this issue. We are currently troubleshooting and trying to find the root cause of this issue. If you are willing to provide some logs or information for this, PM me your e-mail so I can create a ticket to collect these.

Thank you,

Ron S

While it is true that some customers are having issues with the install after swapping the packages, not everyone is having this issue. We are currently troubleshooting and trying to find the root cause of this issue. If you are willing to provide some logs or information for this, PM me your e-mail so I can create a ticket to collect these.

Thank you,

Ron S

Hi Ron,

I'd be surprised if you are not the same Ron working my ticket already to be honest, MB seems to have a fairly small support staff.....but Ron is not exactly an uncommon name so....I digress...

I have an open case with Support for about 2 months - best Development has been able to tell me to this point is that they do not know why "some" customers (me being one of them) have this issue, and a new Console is being worked on that I could get access to test once it's Beta available if I'm interested.

So for now I'm left with a kludgy and maunally intensive effort PSEXEC method of remote push installation.

The push via PSEXEC itself works fine but managing which clients are online, do not have the software yet and pushing it to them even in batches via the \\@file parameter is just......very manual and time consuming.
Not to mention I have to pull off the non managed Premium v 2.0 MBAM clients on many end points - the console has just.....disapointed me with it's basic feature set and issue with MBAE 1.5 so far.

I've provided so many logs I doubt another would yeild anything additional, but if you tell me what log(s) you want I will gladly send more in the sake of getting resolution.

Thanks

CxL