Infected SysWow64

Save the attached file fixlist.txt to your flash drive, same place as FRST.

Now please enter System Recovery Options as you did to get the log.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

See if your system boots to Normal mode, if not run FRST exactly as you did initially and post a fresh log...

Kevin....

Hi Kevin,

I have the same issue with a computer and the deleted 'syswow64' folder. I am at this step and when I press fix it says that "It doesn't look like you know what to do next...the program will exit". I have tried about 4 times. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get this working?

Hello  Trueitpro  :welcome:

You ought to never have deleted the sub-folder "syswow64".  On 64-bit Windows operating systems, the sub-folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64  is a valid one !!

If indeed you managed to delete, I would say to restore it back from the Recycle Bin.

Secondly, never ever use any one else's fixlist to apply to your system.  Each computer is unique.  Using a fix from somebody else's help topic in Malware Removal is like playing with live dynamite.

If you need help, you must do the forum basics and generate and post your FRST diagnostic report files.

Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from the links (below):   Get the version that matches the bit-ness of your bersion of Windows.

NOTE:  How to tell if your PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?  See this Microsoft article
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/find-out-32-or-64-bit

On Windows 8, do a right click on "This PC" icon on the desktop >> then select **Properties.**

Download link for **32-Bit version**: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/

Download link for **64-Bit Version**: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/

save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Double-click FRST.exe to run it.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press the Scan button.
It will make a log ( FRST.txt ) in the same directory the tool is run.

Please attach that log to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes a second log ( Addition.txt ).
Please attach that to your reply as well

When starting a reply, look at the bottom-right of forum-topic-screen and click on the More Reply Options button.

You will then see "attach files" options {with paperclip icon) at the bottom left.

The default uploader allows you to upload attachments one at a time. To begin, press the BROWSE button. A box will appear for you to select the file on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file you want to upload.

If you change your mind, you can press the  Clear selection button and then choose a different file.

Once you have selected the file you want, press Attach this file.
If there are any errors uploading the file, you will receive an error message, otherwise, you will see the attachment appear.

For more directions, see also http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?app=core&module=help

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!