[SOLVED] Blocking MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint

katemb

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium updated yesterday 09/09/14 (so it informed me), but today 09/10/14 when I started my computer I received the same error message as you and could not manually open the application. 

I used Revo Uninstaller to remove it.  I had to load (and uninstall) three times before the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit would fully and complete load and operate. The earlier times it said it loaded, and I could view the software, but it would not open.  It automatically displays and works as the Premium version, even though it did not require me to enter my key. 

I am on Windows 8.1.

My problem now, and I have verified I am on the newest release version, is that it is blocking every MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint file I open.  The only way for me to use these applications is to deactivate the coverage for them.  It is not giving me a problem with IE, Chrome, or Adobe.

What is the solution?

Thank you.

Kate

• Staff

Thanks for the logs Kate. Unfortunately I don't see anything weird in them.

Is it possible to do a remote tech support session to your computer to try to troubleshoot the problem? If this is OK with you let me know and I'll send you a private message with the details.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pedro,

Somehow I didn't get notice earlier that this had been posted.  When I click on the download link for the MBAE 1.05 I'm getting an error message that I don't have the permission to view the topic, even though I am logged in.  Any thoughts on how I can access?