AntiRootkit Failing to load

pvs

I seem to be having an issue similar to izoold (back in June 2014, on this thread).  Today, my issue became persistent, in that I cannot seem to load the rootkit DDA driver, and thus, my search which turned up the noted thread. I have attached a jpg of the error message.

Anyway, I downloaded the Anti-Rootkit software (MBAR) suggested in the reference thread, and executed it.  Attached are the resulting logs from that program.  FWIW, MBAR said it did not find anything, and I do not see anything in my look at the logs.

But still the Anti-Rootkit fails to load on each reboot.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
-pvs

post-171906-0-03119300-1408908620_thumb.

system-log.txt

mbar-log-2014-08-24 (14-39-10).txt

Okay ... FWIW, I just followed the instructions here, and did a clean install.  This seems to have fixed the issue. 

But this is the second time I have needed to do this on this particular installation.  Is there anything that MIGHT be infecting me that is causing this?  Any ideas as to why I need to reinstall?

• 1 month later...