lpmxp virus I can't get rid of

hi,

I am using google chrome.

I have been getting popups for a while but now they are all the time and I can't watch video without the videos being shut off and relocated to a page that tells me my browser software is out of date and may need replacing.

The url for these pages starts lpmxp625 and I have been looking online for 2 days now trying to find something that will remove this virus/adware.

As per advice on the pages I have found relating to this I have done the following:

removed all extensions (there were only 5 all of which I had added)

gone to program uninstall (there are no obvious programs that I could remove)

reset chrome, twice now

removed all history

run adwCleaner

run malwarebytes

run spyhunter (and then had it stay on my system even when I had removed it)

removed and reinstalled chrome

I am no computer whizz although I do tend to follow instructions online to try and help solve issues...

Please help I am getting concerned having read all the info about this virus and what it does.

I haven't backed up to my external hard drive (although there is lots of stuff on my computer that I need to back up) as I am worried about the virus being transferred to it (can it do that?)

I am at the point of deleting processes from task manager and files from the registry but I have stopped as I don't really know  which files to remove and I don't want to make things worse.

If anyone can help I would be most appreciative.

Thank you

N

Hello neeny444 -

We aren't permitted to work on malware removal in this particular sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will guide you -- for free -- through the scanning and cleanup process.

Please allow a day wait (at times) as they can get very busy in that area ...............

Thanks,