What exactly expired?

Hi there. (This is probably an incredibly dumb question but I know next to nothings about computers so...)

My Malwarebytes got a pop-up the other day that said that a free trial of some sort expired. I did some researching that said that it could've been the 14-day trial version of PRO, but I'm not sure, since I didn't download Malwarebytes to this computer. Will I still be able to scan my computer without buying a premium? Should I uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes just to be safe, which would potentially reactivate the free trial? Thank you for any help in advance.

Also, how do you disable email notifications from Malwarebytes themselves?

Hello and :welcome: :

Yes, during installation, a 14-day Trial of the paid features is enabled by default.
After 14 days, the trial ends and the program reverts to the Free version, which is only an on-demand scanner that offers no real-time protection.

If you would like to stay with the Free version, just click the "End Trial" button in the popup message, and that will end the notifications (see screen shot).

If you would like to continue to use the Premium, paid features and the real-time protection for your computer, you will need to purchase a license.
There are several ways to do that.
One way is is to click the "Buy Premium" link from within the program interface, as explained here: I keep getting notified that my trial has expired, how do I revert to the free version?
Or you can go online directly to the Malwarebytes store to purchase an ID/key, and then you can activate the Free version you already have installed (you do not need to reinstall the program to convert the Free version to the Premium -- you just activate it with a license ID/key).

As far as reinstalling to get another 14-day trial, I'm afraid that's not permitted or supported.
Once you have used the trial one time on that computer, you cannot use it again.

As far as unsubscribing from the email newsletter, if you scroll down to the bottom of any email newsletter, there should be a link to "unsubscribe".

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Thanks,

post-29793-0-09842700-1407543765_thumb.p