successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website

klex

Hello,

I've seen other people already had similar problems. I get this pop up every 5-10 minutes notifying me that the malwarebytes anti malware has 'successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website'. a number is also given, for example 78.26.179.106, type: outgoing. Kaspersky anti virus currently finds no virus, Ad aware free anti virus plus, Malwarebytes anti malware, superantispyware and tdss killer also report the computer as clean. I have torrent software running, bur even if i shut it down, the pop up apppears, but less frequently. I have tried running combofix several times, but it gets stuck performing scan. mbr log:

Stealth MBR rootkit/Mebroot/Sinowal/TDL4 detector 0.4.2 by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net

Windows 5.1.2600 Disk: ST32000641AS rev.CC13 -> Harddisk1\DR1 -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP2T1L0-22 

device: opened successfully
user: MBR read successfully
kernel: MBR read successfully
user != kernel MBR !!! 
error: Read  The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

sometimes it scans for 6 or more hours and nothing happens, the pc clock runs normaly, but after few hours it gets stuck. i never click on a combofix tab and don't use the pc while combofix is working. os is windows xp sp3. i would appreciate if anyone could help me explain what is going on. thank you.

another thing i haven't mentioned in my first post, since i thought the problem was solved. i just found out it wasn't. the computer started freezing for for few seconds every few minutes about a week ago. it's completely random. so it hapens very often and then again it doesn't for a day. this is why l installed all the anti virus software in the first place. just tried to run dds and it hangs everytime. i waited for half an hour the first time and about 8 minutes the second time. eventviewer doesn't show any warnings, I'm not an expert though. all 5 hdd passed long generic seatools tests. also disabled each disk, except the system disk and the problem was still there. i've run prime95 all three types of tests for about an hour and no errors hapened. the pc actually froze during the prime95 tests. i've noticed because i was constantly moving the mouse to see if it will happen. any ideas what I should do?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Please try to create a new System Restore Point and then do the following.

Please visit this webpage and read the ComboFix User's Guide:

• Once you've read the article and are ready to use the program you can download it directly from the link below.
  • Important! - Please make sure you save combofix to your desktop and do not run it from your browser
  • Direct download link for: ComboFix.exe
  • Please make sure you disable your security applications before running ComboFix.
  • Once Combofix has completed it will produce and open a log file.  Please be patient as it can take some time to load.
  • Please attach that log file to your next reply.
  • If needed the file can be located here:  C:\combofix.txt
  • NOTE: If you receive the message "illegal operation has been attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", just reboot the computer.

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!