Problem With Scanning

There's not much to post... I select update definitions and/or start a scan and a few seconds later it says everything is done and I can eject the drive.

Edit: If it helps, the last system it worked correctly on had norton on it. Not that it really matters, but just as an FYI.

Hello Ryan,

Since Jake is not available, I am taking a look at the issue you reported to us.  Right now I am attempting to replicate the issue you reported with Malwarebytes Techbench (MBTB) device. 

I did take a look at the YouTube video you provided, for which we thank you.  That helped me to see that you are not using "silent" settings and that answered my first question which was "did you set the action to occur silently?".  I expected the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Portable) GUI to display in your video and it did not which indicates to me that I need to look at this issue more closely to see why that may be happening.

Is a log created for these scans on the Techbench (MBTB) device?  I know they the scan logs will be in the Logs folder on the device but I need to know specifically if any scan logs are created since this issue started happening?  If they are not, I need to know that.

What happens if you have the MBTB device plugged into a computer, then you open the mbam folder and run mbam.exe?  Do you see the application GUI?  If so, can you run a quick scan using that GUI and does it display properly?  Does it provide you with the expected log?

Your answers to these questions will help me understand better how your MBTB device is behaving.

Thank you,

Ryan,

I just noticed that I needed to more clearly define what I am asking you to do in this sentence:

What happens if you have the MBTB device plugged into a computer, then you open the mbam folder and run mbam.exe?

What I should have said is, "What happens if you have the MBTB device plugged into a computer, then you open the mbam folder ON THE MBTB DEVICE  and run mbam.exe?"

I apologize for not being clear and I hope that helps you know that what I am asking you to do is run the mbam.exe from the mbam folder on the Techbench device.

Thank you,

Hello Ryan,

I have spoken to one of my colleagues and what we need to see are the entire contents of your Techbench device.  This is necessary in order to confirm our suspicion that permissions may possibly have been altered which could be why the application is not working as you expect. 

Simply highlight all of the contents of the device, then zip them and it should successfully create the .zip file onto your Techbench device.  If it does, then let me know and I will ask you to provide your contact information in a private message so I can invite you to upload that folder to my box.com folder I created for this purpose.

Let me know if the device allows or does not allow the .zip file to be written to the device.  

Thank you,

On the first machine you experienced this, what internet security was running on it. I ran into a similiar problem on a system running Comodo Internet Security, it had auto sandboxed Mbam without warning me it did so, when the device did not function properly, and i clicked to remove it, i thought it was safe to do so, and it ended up corrupted. Thought i would mention this here, as it is similiar.. The program would not start like you described.