Virus? warning on adwcleaner

Hi I´m new here. I haven´t learn your forum yet to know where to put it but I chose this one since you recommend this program. I´m from sweden so I don´t know all the english words.

I have read on this forum for some time. And I see when you ask member to clean there computers you give the link to bleeping so they can download adwcleaner. The site bleeping are allright but when I click on the download button for adwcleaner my antivirusprogram gives me a warning and say that adress has been blocked. I don´t know what the warning really are about because I can download it. I put a picture so you can see what it says.

I have two computers and I get the warning on both. But only in internet explorer. Chrome works just fine and that´s litte strange. Because if there is a real problem it should warn even in chrome. Just wanted you to know that the warning comes up, because I haven´t seen that you say anything about that it can be like that. And even more strange if I click to download adwcleaner from other sites there is no warning.

post-147801-0-60937900-1383607447_thumb.

Hello and Welcome -
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not blocking that download.

It is ESET NOD32 Version 6 Please note : You have an Old version of ESET NOD32. (Version 6)
It is now ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 7.0.302.26. You must always Update to the latest version.

Try to update your Antivirus first, and try to download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

If you still have problems, see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank You -

Thanks for the welcome.

Maybe I didn´t get it right but I just wanted to inform you that the download from bleeping gets warning from my antivirus, so you maybe can figure out why. Since I get the same warning on both my computers.

I´m not infected. A couple of days ago I was on another place on the net and read something that made me scan my computer. And I scanned with adwcleaner. I have malwarebytes pro and run a full scan and also run a full scan with my antivirus. All clear. 

Yesterday before I turned my computer off I runned a quick scan. Clear. Now I have update my antivirus and it runned a full scan and found nothing. So the problem is not on my computers.

Now I tried again to download adwclenar from bleeping and got the same warning. So something makes my antivirus to react when I will download it from bleeping and yes I click on the blue button. I can dowload it from the site, but the warning would not be there.

I have hard to belive that´s only my computers that reacts. And also like I said I can download adwcleaner from other sites on the net without warning so something on bleepings download gets reaction from my antivirus.

So I don´t need help. Just wanted you to know since I don´t see that you saying anything that antivirus can react.

I´m tired now, but hope you understand it.

Hi, minni: :)

If I might add to & attempt to reinforce what noknojon has explained.... :)

What you are showing in your screen capture is most certainly a "false positive" detection by your (outdated) anti-virus, ESET NOD 32 v 6.
A False Positive means that a security program (such as an anti-virus) mistakenly detects a file as "bad" or "infected" when it really is not.

The adwcleaner download file is NOT infected (this tool is downloaded 100s or 1000s of times a day).

As noknojon suggested, the first suggested steps would be to:
1. Update to the current version of ESET NOD 32 it is very important to keep your anti-virus program and definitions database updated!
2. Try again to download the adwcleaner file.
3. If you still get a "virus" warning from ESET NOD 32, you would need to report the finding to the folks at ESET, so that they can investigate the possibility of a False Positive and they can fix it.

Having said all that, if you have adware or other issues with your system -- I presume that is what prompted you to try to download adwcleaner in the first place -- then I would suggest that you please follow noknojon's advice to have an expert help you with this.
The help over in the malware removal section is free.
A malware expert will guide you through scanning and cleaning your computer.
Please start by following the advice here: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

Thanks,

daledoc1

P.S. Also, none of this has anything to do directly with MBAM, so it doesn't seem to be an MBAM problem.  As such, the MBAM staff cannot do anything to "fix" it. It would need to be the folks at ESET that would fix the False Positive detection. ;)

Hi

I don´t know if it´s false positiv or not. I get the same even in the newest version on both of my computers. I have contakted eset so they can look in to it.

I said first it only comes in IE but that´s not correct. I have adblock in chrome and when I turned that off I got the same warning even in chrome.

But I figure it out why the warning comes. When you click on download button the page change how it looks. And then eset has blocked sponsord links. I don´t know which because all I see is grey places where the links should be. I don´t know how to contact bleeping to let them know so they can check there sponsord links so they are safe. If any of you have a way to contact them and let them know that they may be a problem. I guess that stands in my warning should lead them to which one.