Windows wont load post MB Anti-Malware run

I've been having issues with several computers so I download, updated and quick scanned two of them. 

The first one got done, found several issues I had it remove them and then rebooted immediately. Upon returning to windows it was just  a blank screen. I rebooted in safemode and it booted fine then rebooted normally and it went to windows correctly.

Second computer had one infect file which I had MB remove and rebooted immediately. When it returned to windows same thing, just a blank background. Instead of safemode I opened up task manager with CTRL ALT DEL and closed explorer.exe. Then started explorer.exe and it loaded into windows and seems to be working fine. I have not rebooted in fear of it not working again.

These are both Windows XP units.

any reason why I would have these issues?

I am re-running MB on the second unit to see if the corrupted file is gone because when I said to remove AVG popped up and said it found it.. lol. thanks AVG.. I told it to ignore because I assumed MB would be taking care of it. Now I'm just making sure it did.

So why the reboot issue?

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!