[SOLVED] unable to start Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Driver

wildman424

• Staff

Yes this is a problem with the mbae-uninstaller.exe file included in the installer. We´re fixing this right now and will be fixed in the next release, version 0.9.3, which will come out shortly.

In the meantime I´ll PM you the previous version, 0.9.2.1200, in case you want to skip build 1400 until the next 0.9.3 comes out.

• Staff

OK let's try this:

1- Close all applications and close or kill mbae.exe if it is running.

2- Uninstall MBAE from Control Panel

3- Reboot

4- Delete %ProgramFiles%\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

5- Delete HKLM\SYTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ESProtectionDriver

6- Reboot

7- Download and install the latest 1400 build

Ok, followed your instructions, still no luck. When I went looking for that key after the unistall it didn't exist. I looked again after reinstall and seen it right where you said it would be. I have tried compatibility mode for Window 7 and Windows Vista. I'll keep tinkering with it.

I was wrong in my original reply above. This is not the same issue with 0.9.2.1400 which we are fixing. This seems specific to Windows 8.1 Preview. Like serta said above, are you seeing this problem on non Win8.1 machines?

Nope, only seeing this issue on the Windows 8.1 preview. 

• 3 weeks later...