THIS UPDATE WILL ALLOW YOU TO DOWNLOAD NEW UPDATES TO THE ADOBE UPDATE DOWNLOADER

ShyWriter

Adobe updates are no laughing matter, but at least XKCD makes them funny

by Graham Cluley on April 10, 2013

It is estimated that, during their lifetime, computer users will have spent three whole months installing Adobe updates.

Okay, that statistic is made up - but the seemingly endless stream of security updates and fixes that emerge from Adobe HQ for their Flash and Acrobat Reader products certainly make it feel like that sometimes.

Fortunately web comic XKCD is around to spread a little sunshine in a cartoon dubbed "All Adobe Updates":

adobe-joke.jpg?w=640

ADOBE UPDATE

THERE IS AN UPDATE FOR:

* ADOBE DOWNLOAD MANAGER

THIS UPDATE WILL ALLOW YOU TO DOWNLOAD NEW UPDATES TO THE ADOBE UPDATE DOWNLOADER.

[OK] [DOWNLOAD]

By the way, don't you love how there are only two options: "OK" and "Download"? Not much choice there. (More...)

Read the rest at: http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/04/10/adobe-updates-xkcd/

ROFL,

Steve

haha!

bleh Java! I make sure it is updated at work (don't think we even need it, but don't want to take it off just in case) but I haven't used it at home in at least 3 yrs!

bleh Java! I make sure it is updated at work (don't think we even need it, but don't want to take it off just in case) but I haven't used it at home in at least 3 yrs!

I keep it installed for Minecraft, but I keep the browser plugin disabled.