FedEx postal delivery virus still here!

wingclip

Hi folks, I'm sure you all know about viruses and Trojans that coming through a false claim that a postal delivery was attempted by FedEx but you weren't home so they gave you a receipt to download and then open so that you can go get your package. I was half asleep this morning and just happen to have a package on the way when I got this email so I downloaded it.

After I extracted the "receipt" and tried to open it, it wouldn't open but at that very moment I began to get movie trailer sound-bites and strange jungle sounds as well. All the browsers were closed and I still would get these. So I rebooted my computer in safe mode and ran Malwarebytes. It detected five Trojans and I ran the removal operation and I then re-ran Malwarebytes again to make sure it got it all, (after rebooting the computer in safe mode a second time).

According Malwarebytes it was clean but unfortunately it is not. Once I opened the computer in normal mode I immediately got a dialog box that opened and said the following:"There was a problem starting C:\users\Agatha\data\roaming\ifpopr.dll

The specified module could not be found".

In addition, I continually get pop-ups from my taskbar by my MS Security Essentials saying "detected threats are being cleaned no action needed" (I don't believe that anything is running regarding MS security essentials and this is just being triggered by the virus).

This virus is nothing new and I was an idiot for not scrutinizing that email but what's done is done. I've googled this virus and there's a lot about it but no one said anything about how to get rid of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the way of programs designed and targeting this exact Trojan? I would think there would be one out there being that this is been around since at least 2008 from what I read.

Thank you, Rich