Can't do anything but run IE(64 bit)

About a month ago I got hit with the win7 AV malware that was going around. I did everything I needed to do to clean it up and everything has been running smooth since.

Last night I went to install daemon tools for an ISO file I had that needed mounting. I had it before but because I did a system restore after the win7 fiasco, I had to reinstall it. Everything was working fine and I double clicked the file downloaded from cnet and got up to get a drink. After about 10 seconds I heard my hard drive spooling up and the computer rebooting. I thought it was a bit odd for the computer to be doing this so I obviously sat back down. Windows appeared to load fine as if nothing was the matter.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

Ad-aware, Avast and a few other programs didn't load at launch. I thought it was just a fluke and tried loading them manually, nothing happens when you click the exe. I tried going through services in the task manager to manually start them, and after about 15 seconds I get an error that reads:

"The operation could not be completed. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

So I tried running Malware bytes, TDSS killer, Procexp, OTH, OTL, Rogue killer, Hijack this and even combo fix, all to no avail.

I tried downloading other clean up software but no program will install. I also found out, that no programs will uninstall.

I tried running firefox and chrome, but neither work. I couldn't even run traditional IE, I had to use the 64 bit compatable version.

I tried running online scanners, but I cannot install the activex controls to allow them to run.

I tried running MBAM in chameleon, I tried running it in command prompt, I tried pretty much everything I can think of to figure out what it is thats going on. At this point, I'm not even sure that its malware related.

So basically, I have use of basic windows functions. I can open file folders and move documents here and there.

I really need your help here as I'm starting to think my only option is to reformat and this computer has all the pictures of my daughters first year of life on it.

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

• Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
  • Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the

Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the directions here (http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573), skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification,
    so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please do not post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies.

If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
  • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here (http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/home)

OPTION 3

If you would like to use our Malwarebytes Premium Services, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our Malwarebytes Premium Services support site here (http://www.malwarebytes.org/premium-support.php)

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as possible.