Win7 Antivirus 2012

63VDub

Okay, here's the story, about 5 days ago, I go hit with w7av2012. Ran CCleaner first, followed by MBAM. Finished the scan and had mbam delete everything it found. Upon reboot, it got to the splash screen and rebooted and took me to the repair console. The repair console could not fix the issues, but was able to restore back to the day before I got infected. No biggie, no harm, no foul. Then yesterday, at startup, w7av2012 reared its head again and with a vengeance. To run anything I had to "run as administrator" Same song adn dance, ccleaner followed by mbam. Now, though, when it reboots and crashes at the splash screen, when it takes me to the repair console, it never fully loads. I end up with a black screen and a mouse pointer, that's it. I have removed the drive and slaves it in another computer, but no computer will boot with this drive attached (SATA) I now have the drive back in my laptop and booted via the UBCD. I'm checking it with one of the disk utilities and getting errors galore (1110 in 128991511 scanned sectors thus far) Is there anyway I can edit the boot options via F10 and get into my drive to eradicate this junk? Or will I need to find a SATA usb dock to hook the drive up to post boot on another machine? I'm stressing a little right now, never had malware hit this hard.

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

These are links to Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD or Rescue CD files that are used to boot from for repair of unbootable and damaged systems, rescue data, scan the system for virus infections. Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD. All (except Avira) are in the ISO Image file format. Avira uses an EXE that has built-in CD burning capability.

If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.

Let me know how it goes.

Well, bad to worse. I DLed the Kaspersky disc, but now my hdd doesn't show up in the BIOS. I think it has taken a dump. I'm about to toss another drive in the computer to see if it is recognized, but my hopes for this drive are fading fast. My Ubuntu Live CD doesn't see the drive, either.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!