Another update error

Saw a problem similar to mine ( https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=138030 ) so I followed the steps.

Image2_zpsc354b71d.gif

Files are attached.

In the DDS.TXT file I do have this entry : AV: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware *Enabled/Updated*

My AcAfee subscription expired and won't let me disable it.

I do plan on renewing when I can afford to.

I am a little concerned about removing it since I also used thier backup system and have some files on there I would not want to loose.

Although I don't even know if those files are still there, or if they would still be available if I re-installed and renewed Yeah, I know I should probably contact them about that).

Thanks for the help.

attach.txt

CheckResults.txt

dds.txt

BTW...the protection logs all said the same thing as the error message, along with the "Executing scheduled update:  Daily"

Except for today, but I download a manual "mbam-rules.exe" file which was linked in another thread here.

At least now I am only 8 days out of date instead of 242 days :)

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Sorry you are having issues with updating Malwarebytes, you are also having other issues on this computer with some services, as well as running two antivirus programs, McAfee and AVG. It is not a good idea as this can cause problems on your computer and could be the cause of the issue you are having. It would be best to have one of our experts help you get all this resolved, all for free, just follow the instructions below to get started...

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========.12/8/2013 2:44:23 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7011]  - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the wuauserv service.12/6/2013 9:01:31 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7003]  - The McAfee Personal Firewall Service service depends the following service: MpsSvc. This service might not be installed.12/12/2013 1:50:24 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7011]  - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Dnscache service.12/12/2013 1:49:55 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7011]  - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the avgwd service.12/11/2013 4:06:28 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7011]  - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WMPNetworkSvc service.12/11/2013 10:46:06 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7011]  - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WinHttpAutoProxySvc service.12/10/2013 3:00:26 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7011]  - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the iphlpsvc service.12/10/2013 2:59:54 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7011]  - A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service..==== End Of File ===========================

OK, last night I ran malwarebytes again. before I got a chance to follow your instructions (its was past 4am and I was tired).

NOW, I can't connect to the web.

I tried Chrome, Firefox, even IE and NONE of them can connect to the web.

I can use a command prompt and ping various sites all damn night with no problem.

But since I last ran Malwarebytes, my system if screwed!!!!!

I was just fine until I ran your damn program.

I've tried the microsfot update program but it can't connect either!!!

I ran the programs suggested I did before and the resulting files are attached.

I NEED THIS FIXED ASAP!!

Preferably without having to wipe my system and re-install.

I'm studying for me EE degree, and this is totally screwing me.

PLEASES HELP. :angry2:

attach.txt

dds.txt

protection-log-2013-12-14.txt

OH, also...

I removed McAfee as per YOUR suggestion.

The WIndows Defender program apparently also no longer exists.

The icon is still there in Contro Panel, but apparently, the program cannot be found.

I also tried enabling the Windows Firewall, and got an error message (0x80070424).

So far the solutions on the Microsoft web site have been of no help.

I tried enabling the firewall in AVG, and it says there is no internet connection.

WTF did your program do?

I am sorry you can not connect to the internet at this time, this was most likely caused by a infection that you had on your system. Malware and viruses make changes to your computer and removing these infections can certainly cause other issues. If you read my instructions I asked you to seek help from the experts and pointed you to the right section. I did not state or ask you to run MBAM nor to uninstall McAfee. Malware removeal is tricky and if you do not know what your doing (self medicating) you can make problems worst.

Being that this was probably caused by an infection, you need to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you