help with Autodesk install and pc performace issues

newman87

hey Guys!

you guys are always my go to since I consider you all the best computer guys on the net  :)  .

Im having a problem installing autodesk sketchbook pro 7 on my computer. Naturally, even though I paid them for the app, I dont get support with the company and had to post on their forums (for which their response of linking me to their general support area did not hit home for me).

Anyway, if anyone cares to help me review my logs (which I will need help posting), or has had a similar problem before, I would be very appreciative.

I posted the instal error as a screenshot below in the attached files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on another note, I could also use some help on my computer performance if anyone knows how to boost it.

Ive just had to restore my computer and have been installing updates all day. My computer since has frozen twice or three times. It completly freezes. I attached several event logs as an xml file. I know I have edited the services (services.msc) but I have not done anything besides that. any help you guys can give would be super helpful. I dont know how to read the events log to determine the problems.

Thank you guys!

post-158344-0-35653000-1422406058_thumb.

computer_event.xml

• Root Admin

The computer does not "appear" to be infected (would require deeper scanning to ensure that's true) but I do notice you have Kasspersky antivirus as well as some Stardock software that does mess with the explorer interface that could potentially cause issues.

So basically you'll need to run the installer with some switches to create an install log that you can then refer to the log to see what is really causing the failure. As I've not installed this product I'm not sure which installer technology they're using so you may want to seek further assistance from their own support forum or help desk where they can provide you with further information about this.

I also notice you're  using MSCONFIG to control startup items so I would recommend you read the following.

Please read the following article cocerning the use of MSCONFIG
Msconfig Is Not A Startup Manager

Thank you Root Admin,

I will research how to run the installer with logs to see if I can figure it out. I wanted to say I love MBAM and you guys are great/geniuses. I wanted to ask you about becoming a helper on the forum. I know there are classes but they always fillup. Does MBAM offer classes as well?

If I can find the error for sketchbook installer, I might post back if I cant make sence of it, but I will let you know what I find.

Thanks again :)

• Root Admin

I'm sorry but no we don't offer a training school. Just have to keep trying at other locations that do offer.

Here this link will show you how to run different switches, one of which is to create a log during the install which you can then review to see why it failed.

http://helpnet.installshield.com/isxhelp17/IHelpSetup_EXECmdLine.htm

Root Admin,

Thank you for that link. I was able to post detailed logs on autodesk forums but im still waiting. Im replying because I was fishing around the event viewer and found the following event would occur when trying to install:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {8B1670C8-DC4A-4ED4-974B-81737A23826B} as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
"740"
Happened while starting this command:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe -Embedding

So then I did some googling and found dcom errors usually are not anything to worry about, and I was about to stop looking when I finally seared for the {8B1670c8..... part in quotes on google. I then found this link from norton av

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/earthlink_writeup.jsp?docid=2014-120400-5113-99

That string of letters/numbers is in their log file for some trojon but I dont know enough about it or if my case is the same/related to this. I do now that I have an intel32/8/idriver directory on my computer.. I also know I did have a conduit.a and something else (both .pups) which MBAM did find and remove awhile back.

Do you think I am infected wih a trojon or anything else in my computer?

Thank you for your help as always

Also enjoy the superbowl game if you are going to be watching it :D

• Root Admin

Looks like it may be.

http://camas.comodo.com/cgi-bin/submit?file=ea38a94d44d5c95e060f1c36fe1b7e343a76252fabf8a8d7a7b2576b25631e43

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks and good luck