System Tray pop-up messages (i.e. blocked potentially malicious website)

Hello,

I'd like to say first that I currently have the following programs installed and updated

to the latest version, and my computer has been scanned with them:

- Malwarebyte Anti-Malware

- Spybot

- AVG

...and everything is fine.

Yet, very often (sometimes as many as 3 times within 60 seconds) I get a Malwarebyte

Antimalware's popup message in my system tray informing me that:

"Malwarebyte Antimalware successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website:

222.71.21.182" (this IP adress is just an example)

What causes these malicious access attempts ? It's very annoying :angry: and I'd like to

know more about it, because right now I'm considering removing MBAM's protection

(to avoid the popups).

Thanks for your answers and replies !

Hello and welcome, power2084:

IP blocking can occur as a result of certain legitimate programs such as Skype, and it can happen when MBAM is doing its job by preventing bad content from websites from infecting your computer.

But it can also be the result of infection on your system, especially if the IP blocks are "outgoing" and if they occur when no browsers are open.

Please have a look at the FAQ - Section G for information about the IP blocking module.

After doing so, if you think these IP blocks are false positives, then please read this sticky and then please start a new thread here.

--------------------------------

Or, if you think your system might be infected -- based on the IP blocks or other suspicious computer behavior -- then please do the following, as we do not work on malware removal in this part of the forum.

1. First, please go to THIS PAGE, print out, read and follow as many instructions as you can, skipping any you are unable to complete.

2. Then, please describe your computer's symptoms as best you can and post the requested MBAM and DDS logs by starting a new thread at the Malware Removal-HJT forum . Please post the results of the requested scans directly into your post, using copy/paste, rather than attaching them.

One of the authorized, trained experts will then assist you as soon as possible for free, one-on-one malware detection and removal.

When you post, please be sure to select Track This Topic & choose one of the email options, so that you will be notified when someone responds.

Please be patient and allow at least 48 hours before bumping your thread -- otherwise it may appear to the experts that you are already being helped

(The "0" reply count is the easiest way for the experts to spot your thread as still needing help.)

Other Support Options:

--- Alternatively, if you are a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you may wish instead to start a free support ticket by contacting support at: support@malwarebytes.org; or

--- Premium, fee-based support options are available here.

Thanks, daledoc1

PS: Please use the zMn2t.jpg button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read. :)