Spyware Guard 2009 - the big brother

mapper

Good morning,

Running a Dell Tower with XP home.

Spyguard has taken over the machine.

Cannot delete it, cannot slow it down. Installed Malwarebytes but does not open. Tried fix given to Warman in an earlier post but Malwarebytes got hung up during installation. Tried to uninstall Malwarebytes and then re-install but no use.

I need to find away to get into the machine and get this program shut down long enough to run Malwarebytes.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a similar situation. I think this one "has your number".

I managed to get malwarebytes installed (safe mode), but the program won't launch. I have had to rename the installer before, but this new behavior won't let the -program- launch. After installed I tried to rename the executable... no luck. I then uninstalled and installed to a non-default folder... no luck. I never even saw it "flash" in the task manager.

The first poster and I may be the first to mention it in the forums. It must be fresh. I hate being at the front end of an issue... I had hoped to find a solution here. I will update here if I find anything useful as I try to kill it manually.

Malwarebytes has been excellent so far, I just hope you can master this latest variant. It really seems to know and defeat our beloved tool.

Anyone else?? Did I miss a post that addresses this one? Apologies in advance if I did.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem . I try to rename the .exe file and install the programe to my laptop. transfer it to the infected desktop with a flash drive. Install the programe. Like what the people said here. I don't have luck, the programme still doesn't work. Then I tried to open the whole rename file from the flash drive. Then it work. Hoping that you know what I mean here. good luck

• 2 weeks later...