Kaspersky Rescue Disk Boot Options

Cerbere

Greetings all,

I am trying to run Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 on a HP Pavilion DV4 laptop. But each time I try (graphic mode or text mode) the boot process freezes at:

Not Loading APM Bios support ...

Starting ACPI ...

I have gone through the BIOS and found no settings for ACPI. I have also found several sites (such as http://www.download.hr/software-kaspersky-rescue-disk.html) offering downloads of the Kaspersky Rescue Disk which list several boot options, notably acpi=off. Unfortunately, none of these mention how to specify these options during the boot process. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

There's also a Rescue Disk KB.

Are you infected?

If so, then you could get expert, free help from a trained malware expert here at the Malware removal forum.

Please be sure to read the I'm Infected sticky at the top of that forum before you post.

Even if you can't complete some/any of the suggested steps -- as appears to be the case with your computer, since you are using a bootable rescue disk -- just start a new topic anyway.

And please be patient, allowing 48 hours before bumping your topic -- someone will assist you as soon as possible.

HTH,

daledoc1