NEW PC

Loobeloo

Guest spc3rd

Hi loobeloo!

From what I see at the bottom of your post, you already have Avast! Internet Security and MBAM Pro installed.

Are you experiencing problems with your current security software?

Guest spc3rd

Greetings again!

From what I've seen in posts made by others in the forums here, the tendency is to favor the use of free AV software as opposed to paid software. I have previously used both McAfee and Norton 360 (Symantic). The reason I changed to Avast! is simply because I'm using Win XP SP3 with only 512 MB of RAM. Both Norton & McAfee are well-known to be system resource hogs. They really slowed down my computer big time.

I would suggest visiting the forums for any AV software you are interested in and see what kind of positive & negative posts are being made by the users of the software. A couple of other free AV programs I've heard mentioned are Avira and AVG. Some of the AV software providers have trial periods which might be of benefit to you so you can test the software & see if it is right for your needs.

Hi. :)

Personally I wouldn't recommend Avira as they partnered with Uniblue which are known for their rogue advertising techniques on their registry cleaning products. They also force installing the Ask Toolbar to enable the web shield in the free edition. I would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials as it's light weight and easy to use. :)