W32.Blaster.Worm

Hi i am new here, so hello first.

I got my internet connection recently at my home.While my sis was surfing(and she is a bit technologically uninformed)she accidentally switched my Avira premium suite off, and I think thats when the PC got affected.

A message showed up saying "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" & that the system would be turned off and it did.I quickly looked up the reasons for it and found out about W32.Blaster.Worm.So I downloaded 'FixBlast' and ran it on my computer but it showed no W32.Blaster.Worm.

I was told I need to download a pacth to the PC first, but I couldn't find one for XP Service pack 2.

So I bought the Malwarebytes Anti-malware 1.50.1.1100 and ran it on my PC and it caught 6 viruses.Now I have both Avira antivir premium and Malwarebytes Anti-malware 1.50.1.1100 running on my PC.

My questions are:-

1]Have I really got rid of W32.Blaster.Worm. How to know for sure.

2]Is there a patch for XP service pack 2.

3]My pc still runs slow at times....is it because the thing is still on my PC or because of I have both anti-vir and mbam on it.

4]Is it ok if I uninstall avira and only keep Malwarebytes Anti-malware 1.50.1.1100 and is that enough.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to here your having a malware issue, please follow All the instructions below and an Expert will assist you

• Please print out, read and follow the directions HERE, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • Then post a NEW topic HERE.One of the Expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE:Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours. Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
  • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Additionally As a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via this help desk link HERE Our online experts will be able to assess your problem further

Welcome to the forums WrinkledMind :)

Question 1)

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in this subforum.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance as soon as possible.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Question 2)

For XP, Service Pack 3 has been out for a long time. Keeping your Windows up-to-date is one of the important steps to prevent infections.

Question 3)

It's difficult to judge what causes it. If it's due to an infection, your expert will help you in your topic with that.

Question 4)

No, Malwarebytes is not a replacement for a good antivirus software, it's meant to provide an additional layer of security.