Trojan.zlob.g and IE 7

Apparently I have downloaded the Trojan.zlob.g virus. On this website there are instructions on how to handle this however....the instructions say that I have to go to different websites and download some files, and run a scan on my infected computer. And therein lies the problem, my Internet Explorer will not work. When I run IE, it will just shut down after about 15 seconds. HELP!!! How can I clean my computer when IE is not working??

Apparently I have downloaded the Trojan.zlob.g virus. On this website there are instructions on how to handle this however....the instructions say that I have to go to different websites and download some files, and run a scan on my infected computer. And therein lies the problem, my Internet Explorer will not work. When I run IE, it will just shut down after about 15 seconds. HELP!!! How can I clean my computer when IE is not working??

YOu too heh??

Looks like someones Trojan is a killing machine...

From another post:

"JohnD2 said that renamed two files 'spcffwl.dll' and 'kjzna1562565.exe' in C:\Documents and Settings\<myusername>\Application Data\Google"

I did this and it allows me to surf again........and do the scans etc!!

YOu too heh??

Looks like someones Trojan is a killing machine...

From another post:

"JohnD2 said that renamed two files 'spcffwl.dll' and 'kjzna1562565.exe' in C:\Documents and Settings\<myusername>\Application Data\Google"

I did this and it allows me to surf again........and do the scans etc!!

Thanks for the reply....I'll be honest, I do not know a great deal about computers. So when you say to re-name those files....what do you re-name them to?? Just anything?

Thanks for the reply....I'll be honest, I do not know a great deal about computers. So when you say to re-name those files....what do you re-name them to?? Just anything?

I just shoved the word "test" in the name. Whatever is running in the background is looking for these files, and runs them when you click on IE. That's what I think, and by renaming them the programme can't find them. Because they don't run, you are able to see the 'net again - but the virus is still there and you will still get popups periodically.

I am popup free now, since running the Malware utility, but I am not sure if it's still there, and hopefully one of the techies on here will confirm.......

i currently have the same virus on my computer running windows XP. i restarted my computer in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING.

you can do this by going to start, then restart, and when its begins to start up (mine shows a black screen) hit the F8 key over and over (you have to be quick when it come to hitting F8, because once it shows the windows logo and that scrolling bar it may be too late and you have to reset again). it should take you to a screen listing options for startup: "Safe Mode" "Safe Mode with Networking" and i forget the third one.

selecting safe mode with networking should allow you to go online and download the programs for the scans. i am speaking from experience since i did this last night.

hope this helps!