Malware will not scan

Ok to start I have windows xp service pack 3

microsoft sp2

A few days ago I got the generic host win 32 error and it deletes my sound mixer which is realtek

it comes up instructions 0x00000000 I can update driver or roll back and the sound works but after I restart it does the same thing all over again. I can scan w/ defender pro and it says i have some issues and it quarentines them but I cant run malware and I Cant do a malware scan from DP site

Now I get a runtime error 372 when I try to start malwarebytes

I get to start scan and it disappears and does nothing

I have removed malware and reinstalled w/ no luck

Also a while back my mouse started jumping which is annoying!

I see a lot of people have this same problem so there must be a solution.

Let me know if more info is needed

Im with the guy that said the same program I use to keep this thing safe is the same thing screwing it up!

Please help me!

Ok to start I have windows xp service pack 3

microsoft sp2

A few days ago I got the generic host win 32 error and it deletes my sound mixer which is realtek

it comes up instructions 0x00000000 I can update driver or roll back and the sound works but after I restart it does the same thing all over again. I can scan w/ defender pro and it says i have some issues and it quarentines them but I cant run malware and I Cant do a malware scan from DP site

Now I get a runtime error 372 when I try to start malwarebytes

I get to start scan and it disappears and does nothing

I have removed malware and reinstalled w/ no luck

Also a while back my mouse started jumping which is annoying!

I see a lot of people have this same problem so there must be a solution.

Let me know if more info is needed

Im with the guy that said the same program I use to keep this thing safe is the same thing screwing it up!

Please help me!

Since this post I was able to download malware 2010 manual update from DP- restarted- tried to run malware and got message has not been updated in 105 days like to update? either way yes or no will not scan and yes get to 20% and is gone!

Hello and :welcome:

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.

[*]Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.

[*]A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.

[*]Notepad will open with the results.

[*]Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.

[*]Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

Hi, lets first check for rootkits.

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!

Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.

• Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

Thats interesting; it might be malware preventing it.

GMER

-------

Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:

• Main Mirror
    This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
  • Zipped Mirror
    This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.

• Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
    gmer_zip.gif
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
  • If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
  • Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
  • Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.

-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

Hello again,

COMBOFIX

---------------

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Bleepingcomputer
ForoSpyware

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
  • Double click on Combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, or if you are running Vista, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Query_RC.gif

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

RC_successful.gif

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\Combofix.txt in your next reply.

Elsie did all that and would not let me get on internet. windstream said all connections were fine and couldnt help me so I had to do a full recovery. It has taken litterly alllll day just to get Defende pro and updates installed. maleware still wont run and checking for other problems.

merilee

going to nap now. starting to hate this bleeping ......

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!