Mbam slow startup issue

I have a machine that takes a full 2 minutes or longer to start Malwarebytes. Mbam.exe stays at exactly 50% cpu usage for the entire time. The same happens when I run an update.

This is a windows XP machine with a gig of ram and plenty of disk space. All other tasks and programs seem to execute quickly.

These are the things I have tried so far:

1. Removed and reinstalled MWB - no change

2. Used the mbam-clean tool and reinstalled - no change

3. Removed AVG and removed and reinstalled MWB - no change

Does anyone have any ideas here? I have a suspicion that CPU usage is being throttled somehow and that may be whats slowing it down?

I also performed a full scan of the system using an updated MWB and no infections were found. I also did a full Spybot scan which also came back clean.

Thanks

Ryan

Hello RyanP,

Please run the following DDS scan and post back both logs.

• Download DDS and save it to your desktop from
here or here or here
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs
    • DDS.txt

• Attach.txt

Thank you!

Hello RyanP,

I apologize for the delay.

• Please click start->run then type: Services.msc and click OK
  • Please locate any services called "Microsoft.NET Framework NGEN" This will be followed by a series of numbers
  • Please set them to "Disabled" for the startup type and reboot.

Also, if you are using a HOSTS file to block sites, please ensure the DNS Client Service within services.msc is disabled as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you!!!

I'm having the same exact issue, around 2 minutes after startup Mbam finally shows up. My specs are much different than the op though, running a windows 7 machine with 6gb of ram. I tried the "Microsoft.NET Framework NGEN" suggestion, but it did not help. I can post a dds log if needed.

Solved my issue. MBAMService was set to Automatic (Delayed Start), changed it to just Automatic. I don't think this option exists in xp though, so only a fix in vista or 7.

Where is this setting located? I have a slow startup with MBAM Pro on Win7 laptop when I turn the computer on. It works fine after it's on. Switch user accounts and no problem loads fast. Just loads very slow with first startup. I'm new running Win7, don't know where all the setting are, still learning.