Hi and help please?...

elementaluk

hi everyone!

just found your forum and i need some help?..

i somehow "aquired" antivirus 2009 2 days ago and my comp is slowly going south...lol

i have another comp newworked to it and so far it has remained clean.

ive tried everything to clean this thing out, but its hyjacked my google and each time i wanted to get to malwarebytes it sent me elsewhere...

so i downloaded it on the clean comp and transferred it to the desktop of the infected comp...but when i try and install it it crashes?...

i cant restore the system...my AVG cant update...and im chasing my tail a bit...

can anybody give me some advice?..

thanks

Elemental..

This is quoted from one of the forum moderators. Many have been having this issue.

Welcome to Malwarebytes

Please try the following routine to see if you can get Malwarebytes to run.

Click on Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc and click OK

On the View menu click on Show hidden devices

Browse to Non-Plug and Play Drivers and you should see something like TDSSserv.sys

Highlight that driver and right click on it and select DISABLE

Now RESTART your computer.

Download a copy of Malwarebytes but DO NOT run it yet.

Rename the downloaded installer file to any generic name such as your own name but keep the .EXE extension on the file and run it.

Once the program is installed go to the UPDATE tab and try to update the program if you can.

Then go to the SCANNER tab and run a Quick Scan and allow MBAM to fix anything found.

If that does work then please follow the routine below and post a new topic in the listed forum with the requested information.

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936

When ready please post your logs here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system.

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.