Backup CD won't install

I purchased the full version of Malwarebytes in December, 2010 after it was installed on my laptop by Office Depot to DX problems from Malware and Viruses. I had to replace the laptop with a new one because it was too trashed. I bought a new laptop at the end of December, 2010. I purchased a backup CD which I have. I tried to install the program on my new Laptop and it wouldn't install saying that the ID and Keys are incorrect. These keys are printed on the CD along with my name and business name. What do I do?

Hello and welcome, icesailor:

Why don't you try a clean reinstall, as this usually resolves this sort of issue.

You shouldn't need any backup CD since the instructions below include a link to download the current version of the software (always preferable to outdated versions on CD).

The license ID and key needed to activate the PRO version should be in the email sent to you by Cleverbridge at the time of purchase.

Do you have that email with the info?

ALSO: It sounds as if you might be trying to use 1 license for more than 1 computer (old one + new one)?

MBAM licensing is only 1 lifetime license for 1 computer (although there are volume discounts, if you need multiple licenses).

So, that might be the other source of the problem, since the registration is already in use on 1 machine.

If that is the case, then I think you will need a new license for the 2nd computer, if you have not uninstalled it from the old one.

MBAM Clean Re-installation Instructions:

Please do the following -- NOTE: You need to be logged in as an administrator:

1. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here.

Note:It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so -- very important!

2. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus (AV) and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. (Ignore any ads & promos at the mirror sites offering other products and software. The MBAM download is free.)

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email, if you are using the PRO version.

3. Launch MBAM (and set the Protection and Registration, if you are using the PRO version).

4. Then go to the UPDATE tab, if not done during installation, and check for updates.

5. Restart the computer again (and, if you are using the PRO version, verify that the MBAM icon is in the system tray).

6. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs here, or ask and we'll explain how to do it. (Specific steps depend on the AntiVirus software vendor & version, and on your computer's OS).

7. Restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

8. Add the program folder(s) for your AV and FW to MBAM's "Ignore List" (see attached screenshot).

9. Set up your scheduled updates & scheduled scans (this only applies to the PRO version). Scheduler help is available here.

10. Run an MBAM Quick Scan.

Please post back and let us know how you are doing.

Regards,

daledoc1