Error code 1068

Hi guys,

Just purchased the full version or malware bytes however after installing and entering my id and key codes i go to enable the protection module and get the mesage failed to perform desired action error code 1068.. I have uninstalled>rebooted>ran the mbam cleaner>rebooted>insalled again and get the same deal.

In fact it wont even run in the sytem tray even after making sure its starts when windows starts by making sure its ticked withion msconfig. I ran services.msc and mbam is set to automatic. so I clicked on start the service and get the same error message as above.

any ideas please guys... im stumped :blink:

Hi, Juz:

The error code to which you refer appears to be a MS error code relating to ERROR_SERVICE_DEPENDENCY_FAIL 1068 (0x42C)

Until one of the experts arrives, you may wish to try the following:

1) Uninstall MBAM from the Windows control panel;

2) Reboot (very important)

3) Download and run the MBAM cleanup tool, found here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4) Reboot

5) Download a fresh copy of MBAM from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

6) Temporarily disable your AV and install MBAM. Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

7) Reboot.

8) Set up an program permissions and file exclusions in your AV and firewall, as explained here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138 (Specific instructions depend on the AV software vendor and your computer's OS).

9) Add the program folder of your AV and firewall to MBAM's "Ignore List".

Please post back and let us know if that works for you.

Thank you very much,

daledoc1

Just to add Malwarebytes' should be set in Services to Automatic-Delayed so that is does not conflict with any other security software

Thank you, Wide Glide, for adding that important suggestion.

I assume that "automatic-delayed" is the default setting during routine MBAM installation, so that the average user wouldn't need to make any changes to services.msc, right?

Thanks!

daledoc1

Thank you, Wide Glide, for adding that important suggestion.

I assume that "automatic-delayed" is the default setting during routine MBAM installation, so that the average user wouldn't need to make any changes to services.msc, right?

Thanks!

daledoc1

Thanks for the replys guys.. got the support team working on it.. had some nasty trojans/rootkits a couple of weeks ago which i managed to kill but there was still 1 dodgy file left that i didnt find. and this might be the cause of the problem... when i go into services I only have the options of automatic, manual or disabled.. running win xp here

Hi, juz:

Ah, ha!

You didn't mention in your original post that you had recently been infected -- that, of course, could have messed up several things on your system. :blink:

So, a simple MBAM clean reinstall as we suggested might not have been sufficient.

That said, it sounds as though you are on track now with support to get things up and running properly. ;)

Best regards,

daledoc1

Hi, juz:

Ah, ha!

You didn't mention in your original post that you had recently been infected -- that, of course, could have messed up several things on your system. :blink:

So, a simple MBAM clean reinstall as we suggested might not have been sufficient.

That said, it sounds as though you are on track now with support to get things up and running properly. ;)

Best regards,

daledoc1

yep sorry forgot to mention had tojans/rootkits.. support have been great so far hopefully we can sort it out