Update failures

Hi all

i am helping a french user, he can not perform an update after installing Malwabebyte's.

He have an error message "program_error_updating (12002,0,winhttprecieveresponse)"

The user turned off his firewall before to try the update process.

I tryed to fix this problem by using process with "Mbam-clean.exe" and this second process

But nothing to do, update process did not work correctly

after that, the user downloaded and ran the file "mbam-rules.exe" but the definition base didn't change (#5363)

exuse me for writings faults :welcome:

please, let me know if you have an idea

i wish happy new year to the Mbam team

regards

Hello jeanmimigab:

Sorry to hear that you are having problem with MBAM. Please provide following details, someone will help you:

1. OS version including 32/64-bit
  2. Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall
  3. MBAM version (current 1.50.1.1100)
  4. Do you use a router to connect to Internet

Please post back using MXyBj.png button

Hello Haider,

thanck you for your reply...

1.OS is Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 3

2.For the installed security product, there is:

• only an anti-virus software "Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009" (without firewall )
  • The Windows firewall is turned off since the beginning

3.Mbam version is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100 but update definition is #5363

4.For the router, i am waiting some news from the user but i beleive he is connect behind an operator box (like 99% of French users).

have a very good Sunday

Regards

Hello:

While Haider expertly assists you with your MBAM update issue (hopefully it is not malware-related), I noticed that your friend's computer is running an old version of KAV that is no longer supported.

In order to have the best protection for your system, it would be most advisable to update to the current version (11.0.2.556).

Updates are free within your license period.

Instructions are here:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=67812

French user forum is here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=128, with sub-forums that include upgrade instructions.

Also, your friend SHOULD have a good software firewall running. Windows firewall is better than nothing, though it is not very robust.

Your friend may wish to upgrade to KIS2011 (which includes a firewall & other protections), rather than just KAV2011.

Regards,

daledoc1

Hello jeanmimigab:

First of all I don't have absolutely any idea about your listed item #4 in Post #3. The most important factor is if you are being helped for malware removal please stick to that until given all clear you may ask as many question from the helping expert as s/he is aware of all the symptoms and is in a better position to provide a solution specific to infected system

I have checked your topic at French forum but I don't understand French as such could not understand the conversation, however, once cleared we will assist you for any issue(s) that is related to MBAM