Internet connection lost

jeffce

I have a problem that maybe I could get some help with if someone has the time? This morning I decided to uninstall ZoneAlarm and just go to using the Windows firewall. Prior to downloading Z/A I was on the internet and everything was fine with my connection. I uninstalled Z/A and now I have no internet connection at all. I ran diagnostic and repair on the internet connection and it says that my network adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues. I have a Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card and I was wondering when I look up the driver download on Dell it shows it as a "Dell Wireless WLAN 1397 Half MiniCard". Is this the same thing even with the "half" in the name Dell has?? Thanks for any help.

BTW...It is not the internet at my house because I am on my other laptop sitting next to the computer that has no connection.

Could I get this thread closed please? I have decided to just reformat having found many more problems on my daughter's computer than I thought there were. Thank you.