Anti-Malware and Norton Internet Security 2011

Can Anti-Malware and Norton Internet Security 2011 peaceably exist on the same computer?

I've read posts that only the free version of Anti-Malware will work with NIS 2011 because it doesn't have the active protection feature. Is that true?

Right now I have the Pro Anti-Malware and NIS 2011 installed and I'm concerned they will interfere with each other.

I added the Anti-Malware files to the scan exclusion list in NIS 2011 and the mbam.exe file to the allowed programs in the firewall. However NIS 2011 is still blocking MBAM from doing process scanning.

Mainly I'm concerned I shouldn't be running both in Active Protection Mode at the same time. Will they interfere with each other?

Thanks

They are compatible with each other, even in real-time. I have currently been running both for a while now, in addition to SuperAntiSpyware in real-time. I do, however, make sure to make the precautionary exceptions in NIS scan and active monitoring control. The following should be excluded (may vary, depending upon whether or not you have a 32- or 64-bit Windows operating system):

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Of course, if you have a 64-bit version of Windows, you would navigate to the C:\Program Files (x86) folder instead. Vista and Windows 7 will have a C:\Users\AppData folder instead of C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data. Be sure to also exclude C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys if you have 64-bit Windows.

Is the active monitoring control section you are talking about called Auto-Protect and SONAR exclusions?

Thanks

They are compatible with each other, even in real-time. I have currently been running both for a while now, in addition to SuperAntiSpyware in real-time. I do, however, make sure to make the precautionary exceptions in NIS scan and active monitoring control. The following should be excluded (may vary, depending upon whether or not you have a 32- or 64-bit Windows operating system):

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Of course, if you have a 64-bit version of Windows, you would navigate to the C:\Program Files (x86) folder instead. Vista and Windows 7 will have a C:\Users\AppData folder instead of C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data. Be sure to also exclude C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys if you have 64-bit Windows.