Terminate Internet Explorer during removal

Could someone kindly explain this setting to me? --> Terminate Internet Explorer during removal.

It is unchecked by default. Is there a good reason for checking it?

I searched for this topic, as I am sure it has been covered previously, but I was unable to locate the info I need.

Appreciate any help.

Could someone kindly explain this setting to me? --> Terminate Internet Explorer during removal.

It is unchecked by default. Is there a good reason for checking it?

I searched for this topic, as I am sure it has been covered previously, but I was unable to locate the info I need.

Appreciate any help.

Sure there is, although I "Always" Shut-Down any Running Programs when doing a Scan. It's there to Protect Absent Minded people from Running a Scan and finding something Either in Internet Explorer or Attached to it when Explorer is Running. This is Probably not the Exact Answer, but I think you get the Gist of what I'm getting at.

If Malwarebytes Finds something, and you decide to "Remove" it. You could Break Internet Explorer, hence, a Repair Install might be needed. :)

Ken:

It's there to Protect Absent Minded people from Running a Scan and finding something Either in Internet Explorer or Attached to it when Explorer is Running.

If that is the case then I don't understand why this setting isn't checked as a default? Perhaps a better way of posing my question would be, why is the default setting unchecked? Why would a user want Internet Explorer be left running during removal?

Closing IE was the default for while but with the addition of some powerful deletion tech it was changed to an option .

In the past having IE open could prevent certain malware from being removed but that is no longer the case . Currently MBAM has two low level drivers that delete malware pre and post reboot , I know of no malware that has ever existed that could bypass both of our drivers , in memory or not .

We kept it as an option in case it is ever needed again .

If that is the case then I don't understand why this setting isn't checked as a default? Perhaps a better way of posing my question would be, why is the default setting unchecked? Why would a user want Internet Explorer be left running during removal?

Before you mentioned it, I never gave it a second thought. I supposed the Developers always assumed Users would Shut Down Internet Explorer before running a Scan, but gave the Users the Option to (Put a Check in the Box) to Shut it down in case they forgot.

I have to agree with you though. It should have a Check-mark in the Box by Default. I guess the Developers think that everybody is as Smart as they are. NOT!!

Edit: Sorry Mr. Administrator, (Bruce). You Posted a few Seconds before me. No Offence intended.

Ken:

In the past having IE open could prevent certain malware from being removed but that is no longer the case . Currently MBAM has two low level drivers that delete malware pre and post reboot , I know of no malware that has ever existed that could bypass both of our drivers , in memory or not.
Thanks, Bruce. Now I understand.