FP in Windows files

Yourhighness

Hi guys,

just did an update and made a scan with latest database, I think its flagging windows update files as trojans and the like:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.28

Datenbank Version: 1259

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12.10.2008 14:08:16

mbam-log-2008-10-12 (14-08-04).txt

Scan-Methode: Quick-Scan

Durchsuchte Objekte: 128871

Laufzeit: 25 minute(s), 38 second(s)

Infizierte Speicherprozesse: 1

Infizierte Speichermodule: 0

Infizierte Registrierungsschl

No probs here; MBAM doesn't find anything wrong with my ctfmon.exe, nor with the contents of C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$

(note: I've uninstalled Alternative User Input, so ctfmon.exe isn't running in memory, although the file itself is there)

I don't have the three other files

(This is on XP Pro SP3 UK)

No probs here; MBAM doesn't find anything wrong with my ctfmon.exe, nor with the contents of C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$

(note: I've uninstalled Alternative User Input, so ctfmon.exe isn't running in memory, although the file itself is there)

I don't have the three other files

(This is on XP Pro SP3 UK)

Echo your answer exactly.

Gerard

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\explorer.exe.000 (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\csrss.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\lsass.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\services.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\svchost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\winlogon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\explorer.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spoolsv.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\dllhost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\msiexec.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\userinit.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\rundll32.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.

There is code in MBAM that wont let that happen so I have no clue what is going on .

Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit has very specific places it will look and $*$ backups is not one of those places .

Best I can say for now is to uninstall/reinstall .

Also , did you install/uninstall any other security software around the same thime that this happened ?

hiya :).

Also , did you install/uninstall any other security software around the same thime that this happened ?

Nope. Just MBAM and what I posted in the other thread about avira not liking the installer. I had to cancel install, disable guard and reinstall mbam. Worked fine though.

Uninstalling and reinstalling now. I ll use CCleaner afterwards and do another scan when reinstalled. Will take atleast 30 minutes though as this is like really ancient hardware here :blink: .

mhhm,

no help :blink:.

Datenbank Version: 1261

12.10.2008 16:16:31

mbam-log-2008-10-12 (16-16-25).txt

Durchsuchte Objekte: 128835

Laufzeit: 23 minute(s), 18 second(s)

Slap dev mode on that scan please :

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3228

It wont help on most of them but there are a few detections that this should show me something on .

BTW , app updates are the only thing that could do this , def updates for Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit have not changed for more than 4 months .

ok, doing this now. As I am here only on a stay-over and know that my mom does not install anything and does not run this pc on a daily basis, it must be something to do with the windows update.

Does it help, if i tell you that the detection occurs once the "extra and heuristic" scan starts?

Datenbank Version: 1261

12.10.2008 17:13:23

mbam-log-2008-10-12 (17-13-10).txt

Durchsuchte Objekte: 128969

Laufzeit: 15 minute(s), 51 second(s)

Any news? I would have to do it via remote desktop. My mom hasnt complained about any problems, besides one reg key that had been left over due to my sillyness and causing the boot to take forever. Thats fixed and no other security programme found any issues afaik. If I can be of help, let me know.

TEMP = %USERPROFILE%\Lokale Einstellungen\TempTMP = %USERPROFILE%\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp
ComSpec = %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exeFP_NO_HOST_CHECK = NONUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = 1OS = Windows_NTPath = %systemroot%\system32;%systemroot%;%systemroot%\system32\wbem;C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\GTK\2.0\bin;C:\Programme\Haufe\iDesk\iDeskService;C:\Programme\Haufe\iDesk\iDeskService\PATHEXT = .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSHPROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = x86PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1, GenuineIntelPROCESSOR_LEVEL = 6PROCESSOR_REVISION = 0801PROMPT = $p$gTEMP = C:\WINDOWS\TEMPTMP = C:\WINDOWS\TEMPT Sinus STick Dir = C:\Programme\DT\Sinus 154 stick\ (thats my moms WLAN stick)Winbootdir = C:\WINDOWSWindir = C:\WINDOWS

Thats it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...