Moon secure antivirus

Guest Bomb123

Guest Bomb123

Is this Moon secure antivirus any good? http://www.moonsecure.com/ Can it be compared to avast or antivir in detection rates and does it offer good realtime shield? Also does windows security center detect this as antivirus or will it show nag screens that you dont have antivirus installed?

I would also like to ask about the acronis antivirus is it good? Better than Kaspersky or F-secure?

Thank you in advance!

I have never heard of Moon Secure AV nor Acronis AntiVirus 2010. :(

I use avast! and AntiVir is good as well.

They work well with MBAM.

What anti virus application you select is based on personal preference. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest remixed

Ibrad is right on both counts. Bitdefender seem to license to third parties alot. Ashampoo, Steganos, Acronis, and GData. You may find that 'badged' versions offer discount that better value than the original. However, when i suggested this to a friend of mine he replied that it was like buying a BMW and sticking a Ford badge on it :D . Moon Secure are an Indian company, which i too thought had ceased trading. @braidy, whatever you choose to do i would definitely ditch xoftspy which, though no longer classified as a rogue, offers no serious protection :)

braidy,

Never heard of either, but reading the thread more I wouldn't recommend either one personally.

I love Kaspersky. Avira AntiVir & Avast! are also excellent choices, as is Microsoft Security Essentials.

What is your operating system? Windows Firewall cannot be replaced. You can (and should if you choose to use another firewall) disable it if you choose to use another firewall, but it is not replaceable.