I need help

Chelle2012

Ok so a few nights ago my comp went haywire. I was sitting on the computer la de daing around when suddenly out of no where I was getting security alerts, something tried to open task manager AND command prompt, I ignored the requests to open it.

After shutting down my comp and restarting it things where just crazy, of course first thing I did was run Malware Bytes as it is my holy grail for killing viruses etc lol it picked up 2 trojans but it didn't really fix anything

Every program on my computer has been resetted back to their default settings, the likes of Yahoo messenger I cant even see the smilies when I click the smilies box they just come up as white boxes

A few icons went missing from my desktop (My Computer and the Documents folder) when I right click on them through the start menu and then click on "show on desktop" they will not appear.

The paper thingy wont appear in the recycle bin when I delete something

When I click the start menu u know how u have the default menu? like the last programs you used? yeah thats just blank (im running windows Vista btw cause I cant remember if its like that for XP)

Oh and when you install a new program it comes up on the start menu highlighted? All my programs are like that now.

Every so often my connection will just drop also which it was never really like that not this bad anyway as this is every couple of minutes

I really do not want to reformat my comp so I really am open to suggestions, I tried to do a system restore but what do you know...no restore point so that killed that option

Please someone help me :) is my only option left a reformat?

:)

I would first recommend getting your system cleaned up first then we can help with the rest. Some of the shortcuts and other things can easily be fixed.

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org